GO!

Shadow needs your purrs!!

This is a special place for cats to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give a "get well purr" and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Shadow

I've a right to- Grouchiness!!!

Purred: Thu Jul 5, '07 9:43am PST 
Unfortunately I am here writing on behalf of my little Shadow girl. She is not well. cry

Between 8:30am and 10:30 pm yesterday she experienced 5 big seizures and about 5-10 small seizures. The big seizures were like her usual growling, drooling, jerking, urinating, etc. The small seizures she was pretty much able to control. She would just growl and run it off till she calmed down. The vet, of course, was closed yesterday, so I was unable to take her in until this morning. Unfortunately, I left her to go to sleep last night and woke up about 3:30 am to check on her. I found her downstairs growling and drooling. She was sort of laying on her side trying to prop herself up with her front legs. I picked her up to move her to a more comfortable place. She was acting the way she does right before she begins to seize. I stayed up all night watching her till I could take her to the vet first thing. I noticed she felt extremely hot so I rubbed cool water on her head and ears to maybe help her. At the vet her temp was 105. She said it could be a couple things. It could be the seizures causing her fever or it could be an infection in her body somewhere which may be causing her seizures. The vet instructed me to increase her dose to .3 cc from her usualy .2cc. She also gave me a high calorie supplement(VitaCal) to give her because she hasn't eaten a thing along with Pedialite that I am forcing her to drink. I am going to monitor her temp and if she has a seizure I will be taking her in again right away. She has untill 4:00 p.m today for her fever to go down. If not she will need to have blood work done and maybe be hospitalized on an IV and phenobarb drip.

Please pray for my precious little girl. She is a fighter and I love her as my own. She can get through this... I know... I have hope but still can't stop crying. I am so worried. Time can't pass fast enough. I will update when I can.

-Shadow's sad mommy
[notify]

Mr. Sam - Angel- Dreamboat#15

Mommy's best- friend forever.

Purred: Thu Jul 5, '07 9:49am PST 
I will purr really hard for Shadow and for her mom!

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssssssss
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssss ssssssss
Mr. Sam
[notify]

The- Drifter&hear- ts;

Leinani is- my- princess

Purred: Thu Jul 5, '07 9:55am PST 
The Cornish crew is purring long and loud for dear Shadow.

PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPURRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRPURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPURRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
[notify]

Hazel Lucy

tiny gumdrop

Purred: Thu Jul 5, '07 10:48am PST 
Hi Shadow,
Gosh you sure are having a rough time.
I added you to the List on page 1 of the Catsters in Need of Serious Purring thread, and also posted at the end of the thread. Feel free to post your updates, we're purring for you already!
[notify]

Shadow

I've a right to- Grouchiness!!!

Purred: Thu Jul 5, '07 11:55am PST 
Thank you Hazel Lucy. You are an angel! Thank you everybody for your support. I just checked her temp again and it is still at 105. Two more hours and we are headed to the vet again. Hopefully it comes down...

Is there anything I can do to help her?

-Shadow's mommy
[notify]

Little-One

Got Food?

Purred: Thu Jul 5, '07 2:01pm PST 
I have lit a candle for Shadow... and purring very hard for you and your family! hug

If anykitty would like to lite a candle - There is a candle group created just for Shadow:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi= Shdow
[notify]

Little-One

Got Food?

Purred: Thu Jul 5, '07 2:23pm PST 
Correction on candle link -

After you cut & paste, please remove the space at the end between the = sign and shdow. There should be NO spaces but it wont post that way.

Thanks! If anyone knows how to make a "clickable link", please feel free..(I don't know how)

Thank you and purrs all around hug
[notify]

Little Bee

The Buzzin' Bee

Purred: Thu Jul 5, '07 9:13pm PST 
Candles for Shadow

Purrrring hard for Shadow!
PURRRRRRRRRR!
Little Bee
[notify]

Biscuit- (Angel)

Guardian- Angel~23.8 Years- of Love

Purred: Thu Jul 5, '07 9:17pm PST 
I'm watching over you Shadow and purrrrring for that fever to go right down and those siezures to stop!

*watching and purrrrring*
Biscuit
[notify]

Freddy *4Eva- in Meowmies- Heart

seize the- day....or the- ankle

Purred: Fri Jul 6, '07 12:13am PST 
other than dampening the paws. Cool packs under the arm pits/groin i don't know what to suggest.

Think along the lines of heat stroke in humans and how we bring temps down and adapt it.

Cats lick their paws in the heat to mimic sweating, so dampening these might be step one?
[notify]

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3