GO!

FHL or FLD/S

This is a special place for cats to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give a "get well purr" and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Freddy *4Eva- in Meowmies- Heart

seize the- day....or the- ankle

Purred: Thu Jun 28, '07 5:49am PST 
As a few of you are aware i was recently diagnosed with fatty liver disease or feline hepatic lipidosis.

It has been 2 weeks since i had my liver biopsy done and i came home after nearly a week in hospital.

I was eating a small mount of food on my own but it wasn't enough and i lost weight again. So now Meowmy is syringe feeding me a can of Hills a/d per day. It's not the best thing in the world and i make sure i let her know this. The spark i show in fighting gives Meowmy hope that i have the strength to beat this.

Tonight i got my stitches out so that was good. My vet was very happy at how well i'd healed. Almost no mark there which for a cat who is as sick as me was very good.

I'm on the purrs list but i thought it was about time i started my own thread to keep you all updated on my progress.

For now i'm to aim for a can and a half of a/d per day. and increase the fluids i'm getting.

Thankyou for those aready purring for me and now you can read of my progress.

Meowwww
[notify]

Hazel Lucy

tiny gumdrop

Purred: Thu Jun 28, '07 6:45am PST 
Purring like crazy for you!
Keep eating.
love,
Hazel Lucy
[notify]

Ashlye&heart- s;Delicious- Dazzle

The Boss

Purred: Thu Jun 28, '07 7:01am PST 
We are puuurrring and praying real hard fur you , please keep eating and get strong

PuuuuuuuuuurrrrsPuuuuuuuuurrrsPuuuuuuurrrrss

Ashlyehug
[notify]

Sky

Little Prissy- Timid Booty Girl

Purred: Thu Jun 28, '07 7:54am PST 
Purring for you to get up and running real soon.

xoxoxoxmeow

Biscuit- (Angel)

Guardian- Angel~23.8 Years- of Love

Purred: Thu Jun 28, '07 9:51am PST 
My friend Freddy! wave
I'm glad you got your stitches out and started this thread to keep us updated!
Personally, I thought a/d was great but then I'd eat anything mol.

Keep up the good work, eat more a/d (mommy says it looks like bean dip) and keep getting better FAST!

*your guardian angelfriend*
Biscuit
[notify]

Boxer

Big Purrin'- Kitty

Purred: Thu Jun 28, '07 10:40am PST 
Freddy I just got your email and responded. I sent you two emails actually and now I am here. Your vet is right you need to eat eat eat. I know it's hard. Meowmy wrapped me tight in a towel to do it and had lots of damp paper towels ready to clean me up as we went. It's messy, it smells bad, it's stressful as all heck, but it will save your life. You can do it Freddy. I did and you can too! We are purring for you.
[notify]

Purred: Thu Jun 28, '07 11:59pm PST 
Meowmy surprised me today, and i surprised her. She came early for lunch and i came out of hiding when i heard the door open. I went and sat at the door looking outside.

I heard Meowmy getting her lunch ready then paid a visit to the litter box. Meowmy came looking for me and i was still in the bathroom, i was looking at the food bowls. She's not sure if i ate or not but when it came time for her to feed me she noticed my chin was wet so i'd atleast drunk some water. I still got my 24 ml of food though. she's giving me some watered down s/d for a change. It's not as smooth to go through but it tastes a bit nicer. kiara even pinched a bit last night when meowmy opened the can.

Right now i'm curled up on Meowmys' bed where i haven't been for a while now. She's giving me some time before the feeding starts. i know i have to eat but for a bit i just want to relax somewhere i used to be happy. It's the weekend so Meowmy will catch up the feedings by being home. She has to go out tonight but during the day she'll be here a lot.
[notify]

Purred: Fri Jun 29, '07 10:12pm PST 
I've been eating again.

Meowmy isn't sure how much so i'm still being syringe fed. She's not sure if it means i'm feeling better or whether its the vitamin B shot i had, but thats now twice she's caught me eating. in 2 days.

She bought me some Royal Canin for fussy eaters dry food. And its what i'm picking at.

ps: she just busted me again. I woke up when she came home from the movies and went right to my bowl. cheer
[notify]

Biscuit- (Angel)

Guardian- Angel~23.8 Years- of Love

Purred: Fri Jun 29, '07 10:38pm PST 
You keep sneaking in there and snacking.
I won't tell =)

*shhhhh*
~your guardian angel~
Biscuit
[notify]

Purred: Sat Jun 30, '07 8:23pm PST 
as per my diary entry Meowmy has upped my feeding to 3 12ml syringes per feeds.

This way when she goes back to work tomorrow i'll be more used to a larger quantity than i was before so i don't miss out on the amount i get per day with less feeds. I haven't been barfing at all so thats a plus.

And Meowmy found some more syringes so she can have them ready for feeds to save time when its short like before work or on her lunch break.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3