GO!

Updates on my little brother Oliver - please purr for him

This is a special place for cats to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give a "get well purr" and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  
Dakota

Kitties are born- to run and be- loved

Purred: Sun Jun 17, '07 5:55pm PST 
hughughughughug Here's puuuurrrrrs and good vibs for little Oliver. Hope he will be able to feel comfortable again.hughug
[notify]

Toulouse

Athena stole my- heart and has my- love!

Purred: Sun Jun 17, '07 6:22pm PST 
Olliver you are in my prayers dear friend. We so hope you feel better soon. Sending all my purrs your way and wishing you and your family the very best!
[notify]

Martin

Macho Mart

Purred: Tue Jun 19, '07 4:51pm PST 
Hi it's Ollie's mum -

Well, we had the blood test recheck yesterday (results expected tomorrow) and the eye doctor today. Overnight, the gunk in Ollie's eye turned into this crusty coating and then today the crusty thing started peeling off. It was really horrible looking. The vet managed to do a minor surgical thing and get it off his eye, which made him look a lot better.

Unfortunately, the news from the eye doctor was mostly bad. She is really concerned that his eyes are continuing to deteriorate. She feels that it is a sign that there is still an underlying problem that is not being addressed. That, coupled with his continuing low appetite, makes us worry. His right eye, which is the one that is obviously messed up, is experiencing a "melting" cornea, whatever that means. His left eye, which is not so bad looking, has a partially detached retina. He is most certainly blind. We got some really strong antibiotic drops for the right eye and will continue the anti-inflammatory drops for the left eye.

Both the eye doctor and his regular vet are concerned that there might be some neurological problem going on, which is definitely worrisome. It is hard to know how much of the disorientation and stumbling is due to the fact that he suddenly went blind a week ago and how much might be some other problem. We are so worried about him again and are starting to realise how little we actually know about what might be wrong with him overall. Thanks for all your love, Catsters. We'll keep you posted.
[notify]

Black Jack- (Angel)

Bravest Angel

Purred: Tue Jun 19, '07 9:36pm PST 
I was a victim of abuse and was brain damaged and blinded in one eye. I could not even stand. Mommy had to hold my bowl up to me to eat. For weeks I also seemed retarded, confused and would stare off.
But I became my old self again and got my purrrrsonality back and my mind on track.
Slowly, I learned to sit like a meatloaf. Then sit up, then crawl, then stand up then walk...all the while curled to the left like a pretzel. Then I learned to lean against furniture then I learned to go RIGHT. I straighten out a lot and finally was left with just a very slight head tilt and a little limp. I could even climb into the chair!
All the while I was a purrrring loving machine. I lived over a year and a half after that and passed from something unrelated. I had a happy life.

So you never know about Oliver. He may overcome his neuro problems just fine and get better. I had blood in my brain and a neuro trainwreck in my head and I got better mol!

Purrrrring for Oliver!!!!!!
Black Jack
[notify]

Ray

Ray of Light

Purred: Wed Jun 20, '07 5:36am PST 
We're all purring for little Oliver and his family.
PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRR

PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
hug
[notify]

Leo

Not enough time- in a day!

Purred: Wed Jun 20, '07 8:22am PST 
Sending a ton of purrs and purrayers to Oliver and his family. Bestest wishes~~Leo and Cali~~

ppppuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
[notify]

Martin

Macho Mart

Purred: Wed Jun 20, '07 9:55am PST 
My brother is not doing well. Last night his cornea ruptured and he started bleeding out of his eye. Our parents rushed him to the ER where they cleaned him up and kept him comfortable for the night. He may now have kidney problems and some neurological issue. His eye needs to be removed but he would not survive the surgery. He is home now and not acting like his normal self. Our parents are taking him to the regular vet tonight to talk about "options." We are really devastated.
[notify]

Merlin- ♥

Mummys- snuggle bug

Purred: Wed Jun 20, '07 2:04pm PST 
We are all purring very hard for Oliver. And for you and your parents.

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
purrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrr
purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The Cornish crew.
[notify]

Martin

Macho Mart

Purred: Wed Jun 20, '07 3:53pm PST 
Thanks to all who purred for Oliver and watched over him during his illness. Unfortunately, he continued to decline past the point where anything could be done for him. This afternoon our parents helped him become an angel. He is now watching over all of us and hoping to find peace at the Bridge. Mom will write more when she feels up to it.
[notify]

Oliver ~ An- Angel- (06/20/2007)

Biscuiteer- Extraordinaire

Purred: Wed Jun 27, '07 4:13pm PST 
My diagnosis is partially in. Mom cribbed this from my diary entry, for anyone who is interested.

My family spoke to the vet today and they got a partial diagnosis for me. It turns out that I really did have FIP - the dry form, not the wet. Dry FIP is really really hard to diagnose because there are none of the telltale symptoms that you get with wet FIP. I had pan-uveitis (inflammation of both my eyes), encephelitis (prolly from the FIP settling in my brain), the beginnings of pneumonia, and the beginnings of liver problems. That's all aside from the HCM and the blindness, which mums and pops thought were horrible at first, but then decided were not so bad if I could still live happily with them.

My family was really sad to hear that there were so many problems but they kind of expected the worst. Hearing that there was so much wrong with me actually made them feel a little better - they were really worried that they might have helped me to the Bridge too soon. Now they know that they spared me the worst of the sufferings that might have come.

This is sad news for the Cat of the Day. But none of it affects me at the Bridge anymore. I am like a little kitten again! Thanks to all who prayed and purrred for me and my family during my illness and after my journey to the Bridge.
[notify]

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4