GO!

Heartbreaking Diagnosis.

This is a special place for cats to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give a "get well purr" and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Simian - ADOPTABLE

---ADOPTABLE---

Purred: Fri Jul 28, '06 11:39pm PST 
My foster kitten, Simian, was supposed to be joining his new home very soon. His charming personality and stunning looks generated lots of adoption interest and made it very hard to choose his forever home.

Just when all seemed well, we got a crushing blow. Simian went in for his neuter surgery on 7/27/06. I got a call from the vet saying they wouldn't be neutering him as his bloodwork came back bad. They sad his BUN level was so high it was off the charts. I knew it had to be a mistake since he has shown NO signs of illness. They agreed he didn't seem ill which gave me some hope.

The next morning, I took him into my regular vet where he was diagnosed with polycystic kidney disease (there is a link in Simian's diary about it). This disease is fatal without a kidney transplant. However, with supportive care, he can have a quality life just noone knows how long that'll be.

I am heartbroken, at best. He's such a special kitty and so loved and wanted.

This news comes just a week after my foster dog was diagnosed with Fanconi's disease.

Jade
Simian's Foster Mom
[notify]

Stuie C.- Smith

- Handsome Devil-

Purred: Fri Jul 28, '06 11:46pm PST 
How sad! I wish there was something I could do or say to make this better for you. You & yours are in our prayers.

xoxoxo
&hearts Missy
[notify]

CHARLIE CLARENCE

FAT? I'm just- BIG boned.....

Purred: Sat Jul 29, '06 9:59am PST 
We are sorry for all of your heartbreak right now.
[notify]

Simian - ADOPTABLE

---ADOPTABLE---

Purred: Mon Jul 31, '06 1:32pm PST 
Has anyone ever had a kitty with this condition?

Jade
Simian's Foster Mom
[notify]

Daisy

The Bacon Queen

Purred: Tue Aug 1, '06 5:25pm PST 
Jade
My Mom is a foster mom too. We're purring for you and Simian. Have you checked the Internet? My mom thought one of her fosters might have PKD, so she did some research there. Turns out the kitten just had kidney stones.

Best of luck and let us know how things go.

Daisy & Mom
[notify]

Simian - ADOPTABLE

---ADOPTABLE---

Purred: Sun Mar 2, '08 10:41am PST 
Simian still has no symptoms but, unfortunately, also is still without a forever home.
[notify]

Cheyanne

♥ Simbas Lucky- Wife! ♥

Purred: Sun Mar 2, '08 12:15pm PST 
Oh dear... many purrs for you and Simian as you battle this!!

wishes
[notify]

Chloe ~ Itty- Bitty Angel- Kitty

Itty bitty Chloe- kitty

Purred: Tue Mar 4, '08 5:29pm PST 
Oh, that's such sad news.. hug here's hoping you'll find a family that'll love you no matter how little or how long you remain with them on this earth.
[notify]

Muffin

Purred: Wed Mar 5, '08 5:25am PST 
Awwww Simian, me and my brother Blackie are purring for your furever home to come ral soon. We also were stray kittens who then found our furever home.
[notify]

Sky

Little Prissy- Timid Booty Girl

Purred: Wed Mar 5, '08 8:54am PST 
OH MY - so sorry - we are purring for you.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2