GO!

PURINA ONE VS. PURINA PRO PLAN WHICH IS BETTER IN YOUR OPINION

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Iggy

Purred: Mon Sep 11, '06 11:19pm PST 
Pro Plan we can really only find at PetSmart as to where Purina One is found in supermarkets and grocery stores. However, I have not checked out the ingredients is there any differance. Purina One is a little easier to come but, In the same sentance it is also more expensive becuase you only get a 3.5lb bag instead of a 4 lb jug. Is ther ea differance in the nurtrition part of it. Are they around the same. I just want some opinions.
[notify]

Sammy

I'm the- purrrrfect cat- ever!

Purred: Thu Sep 14, '06 11:02am PST 
IMO Pro Plan might be better than One but If you have some more choice I would rather go on another better kind of food.
I didn't look onto the ingredients from both thought.
[notify]

Pearl

Attitude Is My- Middle Name

Purred: Sat Sep 16, '06 6:03pm PST 
IMO, Pro Plan is better. Both are mid-quality foods, though.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Sun Sep 17, '06 9:24am PST 
You can compare the different Purina foods on the Purina web site.

ProPlan Adult Chicken and Rice ingredients: Chicken, brewers rice, corn gluten meal, poultry by-product meal, wheat gluten, egg product, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), whole grain corn, wheat flour, fish meal, potassium chloride, brewers dried yeast, phosphoric acid, animal digest, calcium carbonate, salt, tetra sodium pyrophosphate, L-Lysine monohydrochloride, choline chloride, taurine, Vitamin E supplement, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, ascorbic acid (source of Vitamin C), manganese sulfate, niacin, Vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, copper sulfate, riboflavin supplement, Vitamin B-12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, Vitamin D-3 supplement, calcium iodate, biotin, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), sodium selenite.

Purina ONE Adult Total Nutrition Chicken and Rice ingredients: Chicken, brewers rice, corn gluten meal, poultry by-product meal, wheat flour, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), wheat gluten, whole grain corn, non-fat yogurt, fish meal, brewers dried yeast, potassium chloride, phosphoric acid, animal digest, caramel color, tetra sodium pyrophosphate, calcium carbonate, salt, L-Lysine monohydrochloride, choline chloride, taurine, zinc sulfate, Vitamin E supplement, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, niacin, Vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, copper sulfate, riboflavin supplement, Vitamin B-12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, Vitamin D-3 supplement, calcium iodate, biotin, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), sodium selenite.

These two foods have very similar ingredients. The nutrional anylsis is similar, too. Buy whichever brand is easier for you to find.
[notify]

Po

I'm ready to- party!

Purred: Sun Sep 17, '06 11:48am PST 
In my purrrrsonal opinion, I prefer Purina One! Mom has fed us both kinds and we all like Purina One.
[notify]

Orca The- Killer- Kitten

It's a tux thing

Purred: Sun Sep 17, '06 8:03pm PST 
IMO pro plan is on the higher end of the quality scale then purina one. I had tried both and found my coat is healther and shiny on the pro plan. If your only option is the grocery store then I would say the purina one would be your best pet. The pro plan can also be found at petco or you can order it online at petco.com. Sometimes they not only have it on sale they offer free shipping. That is when mom gets it a lot of time for us.

Edited by author Sun Sep 17, '06 8:03pm PST

[notify]