GO!

honest kitchen prowl

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Sun Dec 15, '13 3:20pm PST 
whos used this? im on the fence. i feed raw but use this once in a while in between making batches.

its super expensive, and has a lot of potatoes. but the cats like it, and its made in a human grade kitchen. im a little annoyed at how watery it gets even with little added water, but i suppose thats better than adding filler. thoughts?
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Sun Dec 15, '13 4:09pm PST 
Human used to feed Leroy the Prowl (dry) on the advice of the breeder. She stopped feeding it after awhile since Leroy was doing well on just the NV raw food.

It's a good brand overall. Thre's a turkey formula too called Grace. Definitely a no-no food for diabetics becase the carb content is over 20% per serving shock

Addiction makes a similar and just as expensive dehydrated raw food shrug
[notify]

Kaylee &- Amelia

Snuggly Sisters!

Purred: Thu Dec 19, '13 7:06am PST 
I use THK Prowl and THK Grace, but I also feed NVI Raw, Primal Raw, and Stella & Chewy's FD Raw. I also add in raw chicken parts such as gizzards and hearts occasionally. I will never feed just one brand because I believe in rotation and I do not 100% trust any company. My opinion of THK...The bad: slightly too low in protein and too high in carbs. The good: the company humans taste test it themselves, they published their quality tests on their website for each batch of food, it is human-grade and made in a human-grade facility, the company controls their manufacturing process and doesn't do inhumane animal testing, the company provides coupons, they provide a full nutrient profile on their website, I have always gotten responses right away when I send an email with a question, it's easy to mix extras into the food (such as digestive enzymes, fish oil, etc), I can control how much water to add (my fiance adds way more water than I do to ensure they get enough moisture), and the loyalty program at my local store is good too.

So, overall I am really pleased with how much the company cares. It is expensive for me, especially on a student budget, but I find it's worth it to support companies such as this one. I also don't worry too much about the lower protein levels because they other foods I feed make up for THK's lack. Kaylee really likes THK, but Amelia prefers S&C.

Edited by author Thu Dec 19, '13 7:08am PST

[notify]