GO!

anyone try fresh pet?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Mittens

Purred: Mon Sep 9, '13 4:46pm PST 
saw it the store today, wondering if anyone has tried it?
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Tue Sep 10, '13 4:56am PST 
I haven't tried it. The pictures look like it's full of vegetables. Anyone else?
[notify]

Pounce

Will purr for- petting!

Purred: Wed Sep 11, '13 12:43pm PST 
We've tried the Turkey/Liver a few times and it was well liked and no tummy issues. Yes, quite a few veggies and lots of liquid gravy. Probably not the most economical food to feed.

I just looked at their website and they have new flavors, one with beef, and two more with fish - haven't tried those.
[notify]

QGM- Harlequin- (Striped- Seven)

I am a show- champion!

Purred: Fri Sep 13, '13 11:22am PST 
I've used the Freshpet Vital dog food before, which is grain free and 80% meat or more. I used it for my dog when her oncologist recommended not using raw food while she was on chemo.

I was thinking of trying it with my cats but it looks like all their forumlas contain chicken which several of my cats are allergic to. I think I did try the Freshpet Selects once which is like little meatballs, for my cat who is not allergic.

Edited by author Fri Sep 13, '13 11:24am PST

[notify]

Stella

Purred: Wed Sep 18, '13 7:04pm PST 
We use it once in a great while but it is liked. We received a coupon for free food when we emailed asking a question (although the question was never answered.)
[notify]

Hugo

Purred: Thu Sep 19, '13 10:38am PST 
He likes the wet food that comes in the cups and it's one of the few wet foods he will eat. On the other hand, he wouldn't touch the soft kibble food at all. All of it has quite a few veggies.
[notify]

Izzi

Purred: Fri Sep 27, '13 6:05pm PST 
3/3 cats refused to eat the wet food AND the refrigerated kibble food. They looked at it and walked away.
[notify]

QGM- Harlequin- (Striped- Seven)

I am a show- champion!

Purred: Wed Oct 9, '13 12:19pm PST 
The Freshpet Vitals line says: "All recipes contain 80% or more animal protein and 10% fruits and vegetables".
[notify]