GO!

Canned kitty food

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Baron

Purred: Mon Aug 12, '13 1:32pm PST 
I fear that we may be back to the drawing board with finding a cheap canned kitty food.

We have been feeding friskies classic pate for the last year or so, maybe even longer. We typically get it from walmart but when my husband went today, they had no friskies on the shelf! He ended up picking up "Special Kitty" because it seemed to be a comparable product. I have no idea and information appears to be limited.

We have 5 kitties and a lot of the other grain free options are way to expensive for us to afford at this point. Is special kitty ok or can any one point me in the direction of a cheaper alternative?

We recently had to switch our dry food that we supplement with because proplan selects disappeared/changed formula which doesn't work for us.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Mon Aug 12, '13 5:40pm PST 
Special Kitty is fine smile I think some varieties are grain-free smile
[notify]

Baron

Purred: Tue Aug 13, '13 6:25am PST 
Thank you! I worry about my kitties! With the allergies and pee problems! Thank you for the reassurance!
[notify]