GO!

food that helps loose weight

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Mon Feb 25, '13 9:05am PST 
Petco is a US only chain. Nature's Variety can be found at Petco stores as well as independent non-chain pet stores.

I don't think carbs has much to do with weigh loss shrug Calorie intake is more important. But do try to keep carbs pretty low since cats can't process it very well. Under 10% carbs is good but your selection of foods are pretty much limited to pate-style. I suggest sticking with under 18% carbs for a wider variety of textures. The occasional higher carb food won't hurt at all. It's long term feeding (ie years) of high carb food that can put a huge strain on the pancreas. Use Dr. Lisa's food chart list to find out carb and calorie content way to go
[notify]

Leela

Leela flys the- planet express

Purred: Mon Feb 25, '13 11:15am PST 
yes we dont have a petco we have a petsmart and a petcetera cat food is very pricey here some of the foods that were listed are $3 a can. im looking for something that wont break the bank because we have 2 cats so they eat the same thing
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Mon Feb 25, '13 5:03pm PST 
The dog formula of Nature's Variety Instinct is the exact same thing as the cat formula, taurine and everying else way to go It comes in a larger sized can which makes feeding multiple cats more economical smile

Wellness has large can sizes as well.

Buying food in a case vs individual cans can save money, too. Independent non-chain pet stores often let customers buy cases of food. I don't think most big chain pet stores allow customers to buy cases of food thinking Or they might but will still charge you for each individual can shrug
[notify]

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Mon Feb 25, '13 9:31pm PST 
Low carb is the way to go to lose the fat. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/16452.php

PS, Ask your vet if you can make a monthly visit for weigh ins.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2