GO!

Are New Food Brands Risky?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Purred: Tue Jan 15, '13 9:32pm PST 
I've tried to get my cats to eat something other than Fancy Feast (which contains crack I'm convinced). They used to eat more natural, organic stuff, but somehow got hooked on Fancy Feast.

Anyhow, I noticed Petite Cuisine at Petco and gave it a shot. Both cats appear to love it, so I've ordered more. However, the company that makes it is called PetPlayInc. Huh? Never heard of these people.

I'm a little worried about whether I should trust this new brand, even though it's natural. Has anyone here been feeding Petite Cuisine for several months? I'm not sure how long it's been around, but seems really new.
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Fri Jan 18, '13 11:11am PST 
I have seen it at Petco for a while - the only flavors I saw were fish ones, and I cannot give that to my boys. I personally have not checked into them, but the ingreds did not seem too bad from what I remember. I know it is scary even looking at pet food any more
[notify]

princess- pinkie pie- cupcakes

bowdown to the- princess pinkie- pie!!!

Purred: Fri Jan 18, '13 3:21pm PST 
cheer hi guys any brands out there like friskies or name brand cat food at wal mart or even some at petco you have to look up the indgredients some foods have alot of by products in them and are not good for your kittys disgestive system i feed my cat diamond active cat find cat food thqt is high in protein and has fish oils for their coats smile im no expert but ive been doing my research!
[notify]

Purred: Sat Jan 19, '13 10:08pm PST 
Thanks for responses. After trying about 8 cans from Petco, I had thought my cats loved Petite Cuisine. Yet, after buying two cases I'm discovering they won't eat it anymore. They're also vomiting a bit. I managed to get a partial refund from wag.com. Going back to Fancy Feast.
[notify]

Romeo

Purred: Sun Jan 20, '13 12:17pm PST 
You can return the cans you bought from Petco and exchange them for another food. I've found that my cats will vomit anything with grains in it. It's also best to transition from one food to another slowly to prevent stomach upset. My Birman has to eat Natural Balance Limited Ingredients duck and pea formula wet. The other cats do well on most other grain-free and by-product free foods.
[notify]

princess- pinkie pie- cupcakes

bowdown to the- princess pinkie- pie!!!

Purred: Wed Jan 23, '13 9:56am PST 
cat on moon awww poor kittys maybe its the change of food that upset their stomach cats especially my himmy have sensitive stomachs i give my cat pumpkin for like the runs to firm up her stool its good for the digestive system but it has to be 100% puree pumpkin
[notify]