GO!

Cat Licks??

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Lynx

Pet Me, I'm cute- :)

Purred: Wed Oct 17, '12 8:07pm PST 
kitty What does it mean when my cat licks my forehead or any part of my face?
[notify]

Maizie Grace

Actually not so- graceful

Purred: Thu Oct 18, '12 2:04am PST 
I've heard a number of things. She's grooming you, she's showing affection, a combination of the two, or, for the more cynical person, she likes the taste of your skin.

Cats in the same social group usually groom each other. Maizie is a licker. if she's in my arms, she's licking my cheeks and nose before she falls asleep. benjamin, the dominant cat in our home, has never been a licker. Not of skin, anyway. He'll lick the underarms of my shirts (I know, I know), but not the skin.

of course, if you put them together, Ben will lick Maizie, but May never licks him! I think it's his 'job' as the dominant to lick her, but that's another topic!
[notify]