GO!

Taste of the Wild- canyon river formula. Opinions?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Monro

I can handle- ANYTHING!

Purred: Thu Sep 27, '12 4:36am PST 
We're in the process of switching Monro from natural balance to taste of the wild canyon river dry formula. I wanted to get all the furkids switched to a grain free diet. Monro was really excited when he first smelled it. Must be all the fish in it lol. Anyone ever used this food or anything? Any opinions on it?
[notify]

Romeo

Purred: Sat Sep 29, '12 6:38pm PST 
I haven't tried Taste of the Wild dry but my cats love the canned food. Did you know that Natural Balance has grain-free canned and dry food? Alpha Cat and Limited Ingredients are both grain-free.
[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Sat Sep 29, '12 6:54pm PST 
You should get them on WET grain free food. As they get older their kidneys and bladder need more moisture and there's absolutely none in dry food. Start them off really right by going wet as much as you can. If not all the way, then part wet, part dry. Nature's Variety, Merrick, Weruva, Evo, these are all also good foods. big grin
[notify]

Sprinkles

NO I will NOT- shut up

Purred: Sun Sep 30, '12 10:18am PST 
I use it an am happy with the results, although I do slightly prefer the original formula because of the protein content.
[notify]

Mordred,PAWS

No Not-Moms!!!!

Purred: Mon Oct 1, '12 2:53pm PST 
Mom has us on the original flavor; she bought the fish one that you're talking about, but we didn't like it at all, so it's back to the original for us. Mom says I have more energy since I've been eating TOTW, but I didn't lose any weight on it: I'm still a hefty 18 pounds.
[notify]

Monro

I can handle- ANYTHING!

Purred: Thu Oct 4, '12 4:43am PST 
Thanks everyone for the opinions. Monro is loving it so far and his energy level has boosted. He also hasn't lost any weight yet. He's still a 20lb monster though he's a largly framed boy. The wet food isn't really an option for us. Not only do we not have room to store a bunch of it but it's hard to keep the dogs away from his food as it is lol. He has access to water at all times anyway so I don't worry about hydration. If at any time the automatic water bowl runs out he knows how to get water from the tub. Now if I can get Monro to not snack on the dogs food (TOTW high prairie) all will be well lol.
[notify]