GO!

Murr pouched cat food

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Sat Sep 8, '12 5:05pm PST 
Human saw a new brand of cat food at the pet store today. It's called Murr and it's little pouches of what feels like pate-style food. It's grain-free and has very litle veggies and stuff. There are 4 different varities, I think.

The web site listed on the back of the pouch says MurrFoods.com but it doesn't seem to exist shrug Human found this little info about the food: http://www.murr.is/skjol/murrturisti-enskur2%5B1%5D.pdf
[notify]

*Poof*

Purred: Sat Sep 22, '12 4:44pm PST 
We have pictures of the Murr pouch foods smile

Murr pouch foods

Cat Formula with lamb for the growing cat
Back of the Cat Formula with lamb for the growing cat #1
Back of the Cat Formula with lamb for the growing cat #2
Back of the Cat Formula with lamb for growing cat #3
[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Sat Sep 22, '12 7:29pm PST 
Merlin, that food looks good! What store did she see it in? We did a google search and can't find it.
[notify]

*Poof*

Purred: Sun Sep 23, '12 5:22am PST 
It was a local independent pet store smile They get lots of new brands of food in all the time happy dance

In the first picture you can see the blue price tag which says $2.99 shock That's alot more than other brand of pouch foods, like Weruva's Cats In The Kitchen or Wellness' Healthy Indulgence.

The other pictures didn't show up thinking Here they are:

Cat Formula with lamb and beef
Cat Formula
Cat Formula with lamb and pork
Cat Formula with lamb

It's too bad that the web site listed on the package doesn't work/exist confused it would help consumers learn about the food which could mean more sales. Maybe the web site name was purchased and the web site is still being built shrug

It's defintely not a food for diabetic cats because of the potato and starch in it. The food feels like pate in gravy/sauce.

There are no vitamins or minerals listed in the ingredients so I don't know if the food is 100% complete or not shrug It does have the AAFCO statement at the bottom of the package shrug Anad there's nothing on the package that says supplement only. With the food being so expensive, I doubt anyone would feed this as the only food so I guess it doesn't matter if the food is 100% complete or not.

Edited by author Sun Sep 23, '12 5:33am PST

[notify]

Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Sun Sep 23, '12 8:31am PST 
Their website is definitely TERRIBLE! You're also right about no supplementation, I didn't think of that. It's odd that an independent store would pick this up. How on earth did they even hear of it? MOL. Well, maybe the company will get a clue and improve the site and put the food out there to major chains. way to go
[notify]

Ramsey

Ramsey - The Bedroom Cat- Burglar

Purred: Sun Sep 23, '12 8:45am PST 
Hmmm... sounds like a brand new company trying to make it into the market. The food looks good and my human says it might be worth looking at but he'll take a wait and see before buying it. My human is very picky about the brands we eat and who manufactures it. Because he works for Nutro we eat a lot of Nutro products which is made in Nutro owned manufacturing plants and AFIA certified, but he also buys us other brands too which we like because of the variety we get. He's just picky about who manufactures it.
[notify]

*Poof*

Purred: Sun Sep 23, '12 4:58pm PST 
Murr Pet Food is based in Iceland and has made pet food in that country for awhile now, or at least from what I could find from searching. It looks like they're expanding into the US now. I'm not sure how the pet store heard of the brand and decided to carry it shrug They have other brands of foods that are still new to the US like Applaws which is a UK brand. We like to support independent stores and oftentimes they carry brands of food and supplies that you can't find anywhere else smile
[notify]

♥Kall- y- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Sun Oct 7, '12 3:45pm PST 
Mew mews furriends, wave

I went to my local pet food store Friday the 5th.
I asked the lady who runs a shelter in the store, Ms M. why is it so high $$ in costs?

She said it's a Supplemental Meat like Applaws.

You just add it to your canned food meals like some peeps add a dehydrated meat like
Halo Liv - A - Little or even the new foods I introduced Kally Kat too,
Stella & Chewy's that come in a litta bag like litta round balls.
She really likes those meals.

They also have the larger bags too, expensive for me on a daily basis!

I crumble them up on top of her grain -free canned foods.

I'm not sure if I'll buy MURR pouches? thinking time will tell.

Thank you Merlin Angel for sharing this with us!

N'joy your nightly meal bon appetit! big hug

Luv ya Cats!
Kally Kat♥♥

Washing upps real klean!
[notify]

Cinderella

Purred: Wed Oct 31, '12 9:04am PST 
We have been using Murr cat food for about a month!!! All I can say is what a difference! Cinderella had a very hard time keeping the grocery store food down and would get sick all over our house! Since switching over, she is a new cat!!! Another HUGE benefit to the food change is that her shedding has almost stopped!!! We are thrilled to have found this product!!! I highly recommend it!applausecat on moon
[notify]

*Poof*

Purred: Wed Oct 31, '12 5:52pm PST 
Cinderella, it seems like Murr is only a supplement only food thinking Long term feeding of such foods can result in vitamin and mineral deficiencies which can seriously affect your health. Are you eating any other food as well? If not, please do! You can feed another high quality grain-free brand of canned food.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2