GO!

13 yr old REFUSES to eat Natural Food!

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Lulu

Purred: Tue Aug 21, '12 4:54am PST 
Lulu is 13 and has only eaten meow mix and purina her entire life. My other two eat Blue Buffalo. I've been trying to switch her to a healthier food and she refuses! I was switching her slowly by mixing the healthy food into her purina which was working well, but when it got to be mostly BB she went on a dry-food strike that lasted until I gave in and bought another bag of purina. She won't even try new food now. I had a sample of wellness which she enjoyed but when I bought a whole bag she put her nose up at it. These are the brands I have tried:
Blue Buffalo (3 different varieties)
Wellness (all varieties)
Innova
Science Diet
Simply Nourish
Authority
It gets worse if the food doesn't contain grains. She won't even touch grain free wet food and she loves wet food! I feel bad because my other two are eating expensive high quality food and she's eating by-products and corn.

Has anyone else's cat done this? Do I just give in and buy her the other food? Help!
[notify]