GO!

Hero is on a hunger strike over Weruva; extremely frusterated!

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Hero

Play with me!

Purred: Thu May 31, '12 8:10pm PST 
So, Hero got six cans of Weruva for his birthday (He just turned 5!) as part of birthday packed that was sent to him. I don't buy Weruva because I personally cannot afford it but I thought "what the heck, he'll eat those cans just the once and no big deal." OH BOY WAS I WRONG! After all the can's were gone he wouldn't go back to eating his regular canned food. He's been on a hunger strike for three days and only takes occasional bites of his food. What should I do to break up this hunger strike???? I'm at my wits end! Help!

Hero's Mommy confused
[notify]

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Thu May 31, '12 10:49pm PST 
You could try getting him some of the Weruva and mixing it with his regular food for a while.
shrug

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Thu May 31, '12 11:57pm PST 
RUN! RUN TO PETCO!!!!!!!!!!! RUN ! ! ! RUN! ! ! ! !

Petco has Solistic made by Weruva on sale until 6/16! It's a huge savings on unopened cases!!!! The sale started on Sunday. I was so excited I had to go the first day of the sale. I got the only 3 oz Good Karma at the Brentwood store. So here is the break down:

8 cans are in the 5.5 oz case, that 11.12 & on sale for $5 off = 6.12 or 0.765 a can! They are 1.39 not on sale normally. 45% off!!

12 cans are in the 3 oz. case, that is 11.88 & on sale for $5 off = 6.88 or 0.573 a can! They are 0.99 not on sale normally. 42.2% off!

I write all the Petco store phone numbesr down before going out. Sometimes I need to do a product check if the closest is out of the items I must get. No data time on my cell phone here.

In one of my other post is the link to the Petco coupon for $5 off $25 for the weekend of 6/9-10/12. They may not have any unopened cases by next weekend.
[notify]

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Fri Jun 1, '12 12:32am PST 
PS, On 6/9-10/12 if you buy 2 of the 3 oz. case that is 2 times 11.88. And if you print the coupon for a free can of Wellnes from the Petco website in the coupon section and you use the free PALS card.

11.88 one case of Solistic
11.88 another case of Solistic
1.49 Wellness 3 oz can

25.25 subtotal
(5.00) PALS Sale on Solistic
(1.49) PALS Coupon on Wellness 3 oz can
(5.00) PALS Coupon 5 off 25.00 & the subtotal on the example was 25.25
8.76 tax = TOTAL for 25 cans!!!!!!! 65.31% OFF before tax
That is 0.35 a can before tax on this example.

Now if you by 2 of the 5.5 oz cans and buy 3 of the Wellness 3 oz cans. You need to also print the coupon that is appearing on Catster as an ad popping up between these post. Here is example number 2:

11.12 one case of Solistic
11.12 another case of Solistic
1.49 Wellness 3 oz can
1.49 Wellness 3 oz can
1.49 Wellness 3 oz can

26.71 subtotal
(1.49) PALS Coupon on Wellness 3 oz can
(1.49) Wellness BOGO Coupon
(5.00) PALS Coupon 5 off 25.00 & the subtotal on the example was 26.71
8.73 tax = TOTAL of 19 cans!!!!!!! 67.32% OFF before tax
That is 0.46 a can before tax on this example.

Now Print! Over print all your coupons to visit all of your Petco stores on 6/9-10/12. Who knows which unopened cases will be on the shelf. Better to have extra BOGO coupons and not to use them. Happy Savings to all!

Edited by author Fri Jun 1, '12 1:58am PST

[notify]

Mimi- (MimiWowow)

I have a new- sister named- Caroline!

Purred: Sat Jun 2, '12 2:18am PST 
Are any of these in a pate? Mimi & Caroline often leave the chunky pieces behind, and just lick up the gravy/juice. It says they are in a gelee or gravy, but foods sometimes have odd descriptions.
[notify]

Mimi- (MimiWowow)

I have a new- sister named- Caroline!

Purred: Sat Jun 2, '12 2:22am PST 
Found my answer on another thread. Doubt my cats would be found of this food as they are not fans of Weruva in general. Bummer.
[notify]