GO!

Abady Granular Cat food

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Phillipe

Will Love You- for Food

Purred: Tue May 29, '12 8:19am PST 
Hi, Has anybody tried this? Our pet store owner is a certified pet nutritionist, and since I am about 5 - 7 lbs overweight, he suggested this. It looks like brown sugar, but I eat it right up. Was curious if anybody has tried it, and if i should be getting it dry / granular, or if my mama should mix it with some water?
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Tue May 29, '12 2:40pm PST 
I never even heard of it. What are the ingredients?
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Tue May 29, '12 5:01pm PST 
Chicken Meal, Menhaden Fish Meal (Select Grade), Lard (Source of Omega6 and Omega3 Fatty Acids), Poultry By-Product Meal, Undefatted Liver Powder, Menhaden Fish Oil, Whole Dried Eggs (Human Grade), Whey Protein Concentrate (Human Grade) plus Minerals And Vitamins.

http://therobertabadydogfoodcoltd.com/index.html

Are you supposed to eat it as is or are you supposed to rehydrate it in water? thinking What does the feeding instructions on the bag say?

The ingredients aren't great, IMO shrug

No dry food will help you lose weight. Dry foods are very high in calories. One cup may contain as much as 400+ calories shock A 10 pound cat only needs about 200 calories per day. Have you seen the tips on how to safely lose weight? http://catinfo.org/?link=felineobesity
[notify]

Phillipe

Will Love You- for Food

Purred: Wed May 30, '12 8:57am PST 
The directions dont say one way or the other. You could either feed it dry or wetten it a little bit. i haven't determined what consistency works best for him just yet. He ate it dry, but seemed to be a little too dry for him.

they suggested i feed him 1/8 of a cup, twice a day, along with his small half can of wet food.. So almost like a persons diet - 3 small meals a day. Phillipe is so food driven i think he'd eat me if it was down to just the two of us, lol, so he's been enjoying it.

I just want to know if anybody else has had results with it. Like i said, the pet shop owner swore by it. And it wasn't like he was trying to upsell me.. there are other foods out there that are more pricey.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Wed May 30, '12 9:02am PST 
I would add water to the food. Dry food, as you may have heard, just keeps a cat in a constant state of dehydration which can cause urinary and other health issues. The food doesn't need to be soup, just moist like canned food.

I've never heard of this food before and I don't think I've seen it at pet stores here shrug
[notify]