GO!

Horizon Legacy

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Sipr

Purred: Sun May 27, '12 12:55pm PST 
With access to an awesome pet food store, I stumbled upon a new kibble I had yet to hear of, called Horizon Legacy. Finding out what people think of it online proved rather difficult, so I'm just wondering what ya'll think of it.
Here's a link: http://www.horizonlegacypetfood.com/legacy-cat.html

I know, I know, wet food is better. I do feed half wet. Please no lectures on that subject.
[notify]

Cookie

Can we play??

Purred: Mon May 28, '12 1:59pm PST 
We got a sample of this from the pet store in the city. My cat did not enjoy it. I have come to see my cats only like some of the fillers, aka carbs, that help binder the kibble. They do not like white potatoes, sweet potatoes, & peas. Tapioca is just okay. They like oatmeal, barley, rice & millet. PS, they like corn and wheat too. Go figure. So I guess the peas is why this one was not a hit for us.

I wish HL had more data on the guaranteed analysis on the link you posted. The ash level is on the high end. For my cats I'd like to known the phosphorus level since I have an older cat. Looks like it has probiotics & prebiotics. Pineapple, I have not seen that in before. It has a good level of protein. And the fat level is not really high. Good balance. At least you know they made their own food in their own plant which is a plus these days.
[notify]