GO!

I got my free case of Wysong Au Jus Venison

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Mon Apr 23, '12 11:48pm PST 
I received an email that Wysong had a surplus of Au Jus Venison that will expire Oct. 2012. To get rid of it, they are giving it away for the cost of shipping. To get the deal I had to call and place the order. The cost of my shipping from MI to MO was 13.10 via UPS. So the 12 14oz. cans cost $1.09 each. Not to bad!

I ended up freezing part of the first can. It froze up solid! I need to figure out how to portion the unused part better. I craved off some tonight with a boning knife. I almost cut myself. I might have to go to the dollar store for ice cube trays. Brownie loves it.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Tue Apr 24, '12 9:09am PST 
That souds like a good deal big grin Can you post the email here?

FYI, the Wyong Au Jus food does not contain any vitamins or minerals shock It is NOT ok to feed this as the only food.

The Wysong web site says this: Use in conjunction with the Wysong Optimal Health Program for animals. Alternate or mix with Wysong dry, canned, and fresh foods to create variety for best nutritional value and to stimulate appetite.

http://www.wysong.net/products/aujus-natural-healthy-dog-cat-ferret-food.php

Portion the canned food into ice cube trays or small plastic cups. When frozen, just pop the food out and store in bags in the freezer.
[notify]

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Tue Apr 24, '12 11:39pm PST 
Here is the body of the email:

Dear Valued Customer,

For a limited time, add a 12 pack of our Venison Au Jus™ canned diet to any order of Wysong products free of charge (retail price is $46.39). You pay only the cost of shipping.

To take advantage of this offer, please call Wysong Customer Service at
(800) 748-0188, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST.

This product expires October, 2012, and should be used before expiration.

For more information on our Venison Au Jus™ diet, please visit the Au Jus™ product web page.

This offer cannot be used in combination with any other coupons or discounts.

We wish you and your companion animals the very best of health!

Wysong

Off to the dollars store for that ice cube tray then it will be. I might freeze a few others to give them more wet food rotation. If I could get Candie to even eat any wet food. And Cookie is only interested in the cheese Fancy Feast/Friskies ones at the moment. I'm trying anything to get them to eat more wet food. Why must it be a struggle to get them to eat wet food.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Wed Apr 25, '12 8:58am PST 
The silicone ice cube trays work best if you can find those at the dollar store smile You can just push the frozen food cubes out way to go

Dry foods are coated with animal digest and other flavorings which is why so many cats are addicted to eating it shrug Have you seen these tips on how to get a cat to eat canned food? http://catinfo.org/docs/Tips%20for%20Transitioning%20PDF%201-14-11.pdf Some really stubborn dry food addicts may take months to accept canned food shrug You just need a lot of patience with these cats.
[notify]