GO!

Stainless Steel Cat dish

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Wed Mar 21, '12 5:34am PST 
Hey guys, quick question.

Anyone know where I can get true stainless steel cat dishes for cheap?? I went to my local petsmart yesterday and they're $5.99 each! I think that is ridiculous. Or, maybe I'm just cheap. I bought a whole bunch when Hunter was small, now I'm down to 2. I don't know if he is stashing them somewhere, I've never seen him walk around with a bowl in his mouth. So I'm washing them and rewashing them constantly. I looked on Amazon, and ebay, and the cheapest I found was $3.17 on ebay I think. (Ebay scares me, you never know what you're going to get)

Anyone know of a good website I can order some from? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
[notify]

Buddy Bolden

Happy Cat

Purred: Wed Mar 21, '12 6:42am PST 
We found some real stainless steel ones in the Pet Department at Wal-Mart. If I remember, they cost about $3.95 - this was a good size dish to use as a water bowl.

For china bowls, just go to housewares, it is much cheaper.

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Wed Mar 21, '12 8:16am PST 
Hunter, it's good to feed in a flat plate so there's little or no contact of the kitty's chin with the dish which can lead to chin acne. So you can use any kind of glass/ceramic plate - saucers or sandwich plates from your local thrift are cheap and easy. Same with water bowls - if stainless steel is expensive, you can try ceramic.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Wed Mar 21, '12 9:23am PST 
Asian markets have shallow stainless steel bowls in the housewares section smile They're used for steaming and serving foods in but you could use them as a pet bowl. The bowls aren't expensive at all, less than a dollar for a a small bowl that would be suitable for a cat.
[notify]

Ramsey

Ramsey - The Bedroom Cat- Burglar

Purred: Fri Mar 23, '12 7:49am PST 
Glazed ceramic will do if you can't find cheap stainless. I don't know your location but you might check the local dollar stores. Just make sure the bowls in these places are actually stainless. Also, if you have a feed supply store anywhere around you might find some there at a lower price. Or possibly a restaurant supply store. Good luck in your quest!
[notify]

Eko

Mr. Eko - dark, but- good-hearted

Purred: Fri Mar 23, '12 8:22am PST 
We found them for a great price at Wal-mart. They looked exactly like the ones at PetSmart.
[notify]

Nellie (married to toby j)

ms. cuddlebug

Purred: Fri Mar 23, '12 9:07am PST 
mom got our stainless steel cat dishes at petsmart for around say $6 0r 7. we still have them. but we have switched over to cermaic cause they are cheaper and she kept seeing ones that had nice designs on it. so we switched to cermaic. my kitties use bowls never had chin acne.

Edited by author Fri Mar 23, '12 9:09am PST

[notify]

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Fri Mar 23, '12 2:37pm PST 
I don't know about stainless steel, but we use glass dishes to avoid acne and they're pretty cheap.way to go

Ramsey

Ramsey - The Bedroom Cat- Burglar

Purred: Sun Mar 25, '12 7:18am PST 
Ben, glass is a great idea way to go Inexpensive and easy to clean. Great suggestion.
[notify]

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Mon Mar 26, '12 7:41am PST 
Well I went to a couple of Thrift stores Saturday night, while Hunter had his lil escapade outside, and didn't see anything really. They had the sandwich plates, or salad plates whatever you call them, but I had to buy the whole dish set. Definitely wasn't going to spend $30+. I found really cute lil ceramic dishes at walmart, but they were almost like bowls. So, the search continues.

Glass plates huh, hmmm wonder where I can get those...

Plastic is bad right? Walmart had cheap plastic ones I was looking at, but decided to wait.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2