GO!

not all grain free is created equal

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3  
QGM- Harlequin- (Striped- Seven)

I am a show- champion!

Purred: Mon Mar 19, '12 6:42pm PST 
I am not sure the AAFCO's definition of meat protein isolate is quite the same as the type of protein isolate you are referring to for human consumption.

Also if you look up the type of powdered cellulose used in pet foods, it is usually made from wood (tree) pulp.
[notify]

Mimi- (MimiWowow)

I have a new- sister named- Caroline!

Purred: Tue Mar 20, '12 6:46pm PST 
I bought the SD grain free only because of a coupon and a free rebate. I am NOT a big fan of SD and usually buy Wellness, Before Grain. I try not to feed my cats too much dry. One cat becomes an addict, the other had serious health issues earlier this year, and I had to feed her what she would eat (sometimes dry).
Anyway, Mimi-the dry addict-would not eat the SD food.big laughCaroline, the other cat, ate it just fine. Mimi will eat her wet food now!
[notify]

Tenny

Food is My- Friend

Purred: Wed Mar 21, '12 11:30pm PST 
I've only fed science diet on a short term, and only the wet stuff to get a certain fuzzy eating again. That stuff can be pungent! My vet compared it to the saltines and ginger ale you ate when you were sick as a kid; not something you do as a regular diet choice, but you have to get SOMETHING in there. Granted, my vets have been more enlightened than others.

I agree with the OP. There are a few other brands that are still junky despite the label.
[notify]

QGM- Harlequin- (Striped- Seven)

I am a show- champion!

Purred: Mon Apr 9, '12 1:19pm PST 
That is true when a cat is sick it's more important to get them to eat SOMETHING rather than trying to hold out for them to each something better.
[notify]

Nellie (married to toby j)

ms. cuddlebug

Purred: Mon Apr 9, '12 2:28pm PST 
mom dosent know if we would eat sd dry food still we havent had it since we was kittens. mom did buy one a small can of their wet food and offered it too us. we ate little bit but mostly hated it. she ended up throwing it away.
[notify]

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3