GO!

Fancy Feast Classics

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Gummi

Destroyer of- Spiders

Purred: Mon Mar 5, '12 9:28am PST 
Awesome news! So glad she likes it! It really is a great value for the price. Which flavor did you get? Mine like the salmon and rice in gravy. smile
[notify]

Pepper

"Queen of- Sherwood Forest"

Purred: Mon Mar 5, '12 10:37am PST 
We got some of pretty much everything, except turkey/chicken flavors (she HATES poultry...except for gamey things like quail). Her favorite so far has been catfish :p

They were on sale in our store too (and almost out of stock!)
[notify]

Purred: Wed Mar 14, '12 10:55pm PST 
Hi to all.
I used to feed about a can of great wet per day but allowed them to snack on dry the rest of the day.

santa cruz veterinary
[notify]

Pandora

go getter kitter

Purred: Thu Mar 15, '12 7:07am PST 
We all get Friskies and Fancy Feast; Meowma thinks most of the horror stories and hype are just that, and based on marketing that makes people automatically think "big company = bad, company claiming to be small, holistic, etc=good" so if it's Purina, P&G etc it must be 'bad'.
We do get some raw Blue Ridge Beef, mostly because if someone gets one of our kittens and the buyer is all hung up on raw we want the kitten used to it. Quite a few of the older kitties don't touch the raw however and Meowma cannot see any difference at all in the 2 groups. In particular my brother Bodrouex is doing extremely well at the cat shows, and the judges always remark on how wonderful his coat and condition are; Boodles won't touch raw food and actually strongly prefers the gravy type fancy Feast, so he mostly gets that.
Of the 14 adult cats here, not a one has any food allergies, IBD, skin problems, obesity or other food caused illness, we would challenge anyone to pick us out of a lineup of raw/holistic/whatever-fed cats.
We DO think there are foods that are not healthy out there, or contain a lot of unecessary ingredients, or make cats prone to obesity if overfed, but don't count FF or Friskies among them. It's probabl;y not harmful, but Meowma wonders more about the apples, carrots, blueberries, sweet potatoes etc in some of the high priced foods.
[notify]

Gummi

Destroyer of- Spiders

Purred: Thu Mar 15, '12 7:57am PST 
HI Pandora!

I feed Blue Ridge Beef too! It's a great deal! Everyone loves the rabbit and Kitten Mix. smile

And I agree that big company doesn't always equal bad.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2