GO!

Need help with new food for mom's cat

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 11)  
1  2  
Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Fri Jan 13, '12 5:37pm PST 
What I would do, is get the cat off the r/d. Dry food isn't going to help no matter what brand you get. If the cat is used to getting Fancy Feast, I'd stick with that for now. Get the Fancy Feast Classic, its the best quality wise out of all the varieties. Slowly switch the dry for wet. For instance, if the cat gets a cup of dry and a tablespoon of wet, you could try 1/3 a can of fancy feast and 3/4 of a cup of dry. Then try 2/3 a can of wet and 1/2 a cup of dry. Then for the 3rd week you could slowly do a can of wet in the morning 1/4 cup of dry during the day and then a can at night. Once the cat is on fancy feast wet, then you can slowly integrate new brands of food.

That is how I would do it personally. Its better to get the cat off of the dry first and onto the wet, that way his stomach won't be overwhelmed with no dry and all these different kinds of wet food.

For Hunter, he gets Fancy Feast, Natures Variety, Merrick, Addiction and he gets 1/4 cup of Orijen dry food which I'm slowly cutting out. I find that dry food makes him lazy/sleepy. Good Luck, hope everything works out for you.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 11)  
1  2