GO!

Hard white chunks in Blue Buffalo / Natures Variety? Any one else have this??

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Samantha

Sammerstiltskin

Purred: Wed Jan 4, '12 11:39am PST 
I put the cats on Blue Buffalo in the spring when i took them off their kitten food. I found some of the same thing in the dry food. I had a horrible experience with them over the phone and they never sent me anything to send them a sample with. I switched to Natural Balance - but the mold issues and the other issues I read about encouraged me to take them off of it.

I wrote Blue Buffalo an email and never heard anything back. Bump give me your address, I'll mail you to quarter big grin Contact me with the managers contact info please.

I bought the first cans of Blue Buffalo at a Petco. Over the weekend I went to a Petsmart 45 minutes away about bought new cans. I'm having an issue with the same thing in these.

I tried Natures Variety and found the same thing. That is what is in the photo you see. At the moment I'm feeding them the Blue Buffalo because they HAVE to eat wet food.

I'm quite frustrated my female has allergies and I want to feed them something safe. If someone feeds Blue and doesn't have this issue in their state perhaps I can order the food from where they do.

Any suggestions on where I can place the order online?
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Wed Jan 4, '12 5:05pm PST 
Try PetFoodDirect.com and OnlyNaturalPet.com

The Blue Buffalo and Nature's Variety web sites have store locators. Check to see if there are any other stores in your area that sells the food. Non-chain / neighborhood pet store and specialty pet stores often sell the higher end foods.
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Wed Jan 4, '12 6:09pm PST 
Robin, just to let you know, the cust serv reps, at Blue Buffalo, are not very nice. One is nice, the rest are nasty, and yes, I know their names, but inappropiate to put on here. I talked to the cust serv rep mgr. Not only was she real nasty, but tried to tell me, I should not be feeding Blue Wilderness to Bump, because he is a heart kitty, and told me, and not very nicely, that he should be on a prescription diet, for heart kitties.

That did it. I called my vet, who called his cardiologist, at UC Davis, who said, which I and my vet, already knew, there is NO prescription diet for heart kitties, and oh, by the way, and I told Blue Buffalo this, he
APPROVED that food.

So, how in the heckola, can these people, call themselfs, cust serv reps, of the company, when its so very obvious, they have no knowledge of proper cat nutrition.

Blue Buffalo also tried to tell me, and not so very nicely, that feeding him, that food, is a huge liability, I told them, the only liability, is if there is something wrong with the food. Also told her, I will pursue this to thee very top, right up to Bill Bishop, of Wilton CT. He don't, want me a poundin on his door. I also have the name and number, of the manager of the US and Canada, she ain't gonna be too happy, to get a call from his cardiologist. And takin on Bump's mommy, ain't a goody idea, when it comes to Bump, as other companies have found out.

My issues appeared to be only with the bag code date of Nov 11 12. When fed another code bag, the issues disappeared, and I notice, those code dates bags, are gone from the shelf, after I hounded the heckola out of them, and, put it on every board I could find, which I told that nasty lady, I was going to do.

Samantha is having the same issues, with Blue Buffalo, and getting no where. I gave her, the managers name and number. If those hard chunk things, were in Bump's foodies, ya would already see the story, on CNN.
And, I ain't kidding, at all, period. shock
[notify]

Robin

I will eat- anything.

Purred: Wed Jan 4, '12 7:25pm PST 
Hi Bump,

I'm sorry to hear that. I know nothing about how they operate on the corporate level. I am not even technically employed by Blue Buffalo, I am contracted to promote only their products in pet stores. There is unfortunately little I can do for you. But I do know a LOT about pet food, even more so than my manager, and I will have to say that behavior and what Blue's customer service reps told you about Wilderness not being appropriate for your heart kitty is waaaaay outta line. I just wanted to confirm that those white chunks of...whatever that stuff may be in the canned food is not normal.

Before I took the job with them, I needed to speak with their CS reps a few times and I must have just gotten the good ones. shrug

Edited by author Wed Jan 4, '12 7:34pm PST

[notify]

Samantha

Sammerstiltskin

Purred: Wed Jan 4, '12 7:44pm PST 
I would love to boycott it but Samantha has horrible allergies. Before all of this crap started she was licking out her hair and would get blisters in her mouth. I put her on a L.I.D diet and everything went away. I was shocked! She is very healthy when I keep things the same, but shes VERY sensitive. I had issues with her drooling before and it turns out it was GAIN laundry soap! I had to switch her to Blue after finding MOLD in Natural Balance..

I saw that Blue Buffalo had similar ingredients as Natural Balance so I tried to find something to work with her. What really concerns me is that I saw this white stuff in Natures V as well.

At this point I don't know what I am supposed to feed them. I'd love to boycott all of these places. Seriously... what is going on with them?

I'm sending a sample to Natures V and will leave messages for Blue tomorrow.

If her allergy issues start acting up I'm really going to loose it. I spent MONTHS trying to figure out what was wrong with her. The vets kept telling me to give her anti depressants or steroid shots. Turns out IT WAS THE FOOD she was allergic to. I just need to find something that works for her minus the mold, or white rock/plastic crap!
[notify]

Robin

I will eat- anything.

Purred: Wed Jan 4, '12 8:22pm PST 
Samantha, have you looked into By Nature canned food as an alternative? 95% chicken or beef.

I also feed mostly raw, which I know has solved many allergy problems for many animals.

Edited by author Wed Jan 4, '12 8:24pm PST

[notify]

Blackberry

Somewhere there- is love for- everyone

Purred: Thu Jan 5, '12 4:05am PST 
As another little black cat with allergies, I just want to mention, well at this point second the suggestion, of raw feeding. I know it's not for everyone, and it does require doing some research, but then at least you know everything that is going into your babies' mouth. There are no by-products, chemicals, odd plastic objects, or unknown sources with raw feeding. You can buy meat at your grocery store, order ground meat/bone/organ mixes from a place like hare-today.com, or buy pre-made raw at a pet food store (although then you're dealing with the pet food companies again). I think it is an option that you might want to consider.

Purrs,
Blackberry
[notify]

Samantha

Sammerstiltskin

Purred: Thu Jan 12, '12 8:42pm PST 
I have to admit I know NOTHING about this (raw). I would have to look into it when I get the chance.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2