GO!

Best way to feed 7 cats wet food without everyone fighting over plates

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  

Purred: Thu Mar 8, '12 5:27am PST 
While surfing the web, I saw that someone was selling a device that automatically supervised feedings for multiple cats. It was basically a locked box with the food inside and only the cat with the key could get in. Anyone had a chance to use that yet?
[notify]

Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Thu Mar 8, '12 7:06am PST 
We have 5 that eat in the front room. 4 come to sit by my feet as I'm preparing their meals. I say 'Smokie/Ruffy' and put down their plates. The 'boys' eat about 2 feet apart. Then I say 'Bub/ Little Man' and they get their food in another corner, a foot apart.

Then I bring Bella hers. She's Elderwise and gets fed on sheet on the couch. I sit with her so the little guy doesn't try and heist her food.

I then bring Natalie in her food.

They are fed half a can of fancy feast at a setting. They are fed about these times:

1/2 can FF 4:00am (when husband gets up)

1/2 can FF 6:30am when I get up

1/2 can FF at 5:30-6:30 when I get home

1/2 can FF half hour before bed.

The only one I have to watch is Bella. the little guy sometimes makes a beeline for her food.

It's werid too...he prefers to eat off his brothers plates with them. Not sure why.
[notify]

Purred: Thu Mar 8, '12 10:42pm PST 
That is impressive that you can keep such order - we can't. But what do you do when you have to be somewhere else during their normal feeding times?
[notify]

Ramsey

Ramsey - The Bedroom Cat- Burglar

Purred: Sat Mar 10, '12 7:15pm PST 
We only have 4 here but even that can be a challenge. However I use the separation method. The senior cat eats upstairs with the dogs (that was a whole different issue to deal with but it has worked out). The other 3 eat downstairs. I have them set up in separate areas in the downstairs area. Initially I had to stay down there and observe and intervene if necessary but no longer. We now have peaceful meal times around here wave
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2