GO!

Grass Addicts! How Much is Too Much?!

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

BeBe!

Purred: Tue Dec 20, '11 10:52am PST 
Mom gave us some cat grass (oat, wheat, rye, barley combo) and we LOVE it! She's been letting us chew on it for five minutes or so each day for the past few days. A few minutes ago we finished today's treat, and then she saw us staring longingly out the window (at the grass, she presumes, which is usually covered with snow this time of year, but that's another story). She wants to know if this is healthy, and how much should she let us eat? We haven't barfed any of it up. THANKS!
[notify]

Lacey

Backflips are my- specialty!

Purred: Tue Dec 20, '11 1:14pm PST 
Mom doesn't give us any kind of grass like that. That's a lot of grain in there! I think only a little bit once a day but not more than that. shrug
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Tue Dec 20, '11 4:59pm PST 
Cat grss is fine to eat way to go Most cat grass you buy at the pet store is a mix of oat and barley and rye grasses. These are different from the grains put into pet food. You can have some every day if you wanted to smile It won't hurt. Some cats will throw up after eating too much grass too fast. If that happens to you, maybe have grass every other day and have your Human feed you once piece at a time.

Edited by author Tue Dec 20, '11 5:00pm PST

[notify]

BeBe!

Purred: Wed Dec 21, '11 5:43am PST 
Thanks, Lacey and Merlin! Boy, Merlin, that's the answer Max and I wanted to hear! We know what we're getting from Santa!
[notify]