GO!

Best food for a cat with crystals?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Maggie May

fix your feline!

Purred: Sun Sep 25, '11 6:22pm PST 
Maggie was recently diagnosed with a raging bladder infection. She's on meds and, of course, our vet sent her home with Hill's s/d. I'm feeding it to her short term but she hates it and so do I.

I don't really understand what causes these crystals so I'm not sure how to choose what food to put her on. Prior to this we were doing Wellness and Fancy Feast (pate variety only). I'm willing to pay more for food for her if I have to. Any suggestions from those knowledgeable about these crystals would be very much appreciated.
[notify]

Maggie May

fix your feline!

Purred: Sun Sep 25, '11 6:23pm PST 
Forgot to add that I'm looking for canned food suggestions only. Thanks!!
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Sun Sep 25, '11 6:31pm PST 
Read http://catinfo.org way to go There's a whole section about urinary problems and how diet can cause or help it.

Water is the most important thing to help maintain a healthy urinary sytem. That means canned or raw food, not dry food. Any brand of commerical canned food will work. Price or quality of the food doesn't matter. Fancy Feast is just as good as a higher end brand like Innova EVO. You can add extra water to the canned food to ensure good water intake. You can make the food really soupy or add just enough water to make the food less pate-like.
[notify]