GO!

Has anyone ever fed their cat Pure Vita Grain Free Cat Food?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sugar

... and spice- and everything- nice!

Purred: Sun Jul 24, '11 3:24pm PST 
Hi, I am new to this forum and was wondering if any members feed their cat Pure Vita Grain Free Chicken Entree Dry Cat Food? I am looking to change my cat's diet after twelve years of feeding her supermarket brand cat food. After much researching, I've been told that a "Grain Free" diet is the way to go. My cat is a finicky eater and has a sensitive stomach and after much trial and error, it seems that she likes this brand a lot. My local pet store has been giving me samples of this brand and my cat seems to be adjusting to it very nicely. However, my question is that this cat food brand seems to be fairly new since I cannot find any reviews online and a I'm a little worried about feeding her something without any objective reviews on this product. With that being said, I asked my pet store retailer to order me a 6.6 bag and thinking about feeding this to my cat continuously. They do not carry this item in-store and do not have much detail on this product as well. Any kind of information provided will be very helpful!! cat on moon

Edited by author Sun Jul 24, '11 4:03pm PST

[notify]

Aster

Purred: Tue Jul 26, '11 10:59am PST 
i got a sample of this food yesterday and added it to their usual dry food mix this morning (wellness core and evo). they ate enthusiastically. will let you if there are any issues in the litter box and keep you updated. love that there are more grain-free varieties out there!
[notify]

Shade

My name is not- Kittyfloss!

Purred: Wed Jul 27, '11 4:12am PST 
Hi Sugar, these are the ingredients as I found then on the products website (http://www.nutrisourcedogfood.com/purevita/grain_free)

Chicken, chicken meal, peas, pea flour, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), dried egg product, natural flavor, yeast extract, pea protein, pea starch, pea fiber, dried brewers yeast, tomato pomace, phosphoric acid, salt, potassium chloride, DL methionine, carrots, sunflower oil, minerals (iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate, cobalt proteinate), cranberries, apricots, cherries, taurine, minerals (ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, calcium carbonate, zinc oxide, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, sodium selenite, mineral oil, calcium iodate, cobalt carbonate), turmeric, dried chicory root, vitamins (vitamin A acetate, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, niacin, d-calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K activity), biotin, vitamin B12 supplement), ascorbic acid (source of vitamin C), choline chloride, inositol, yucca schidigera extract, glutamic acid, rosemary extract, yeast culture (Saccharomyces cerevisiae), dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Aspergillus niger fermentation product, dried Bacillus subtillis fermentation product.

I don't feed this food, so I can't comment about it in that way, but the ingredients seem decent for the most part. I personally, however, would be wary of the "menadione sodium bisulfite complex" and the brewers dried yeast (although this is in a lot of dry foods) and the yeast culture. Menadione, a synthetic replacement for Vitamin K, purportedly has carcinogenic effects and is toxic to the liver and kidneys. Yeast has been implicated in allergic reactions in some cats.

Good luck and purrs,
Shade
[notify]

Gabrielle

Purred: Thu Jul 28, '11 4:50pm PST 
We just started our four cats on this last week. I found your post by doing a google search for reviews. We're now feeding this after two of our cats developed kidney issues while being fed a better-name food purchased at pet specialty stores. So far, so good. How's it going for you?
[notify]

Sugar

... and spice- and everything- nice!

Purred: Thu Jul 28, '11 6:36pm PST 
Thank you so much for the feedback! My cat loves this cat food. She used to throw up a lot and so far she has not vomited yet. Its so great to finally finding a healthy cat food and see her enjoy eating every kibble. I think this brand will be a keeper.
[notify]

Aster

Purred: Fri Jul 29, '11 10:54am PST 
the kitties seemed to have no problem with this food smile
[notify]

♥Kall- y- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Tue Feb 28, '12 6:54pm PST 
MeOws Sugar & kitties, wave

I bought 1 can of Pure Vita Grain - Free canned cat food today!

I haven't fed it to Kally Kat yet as I would like to hear some positive feedback on this.

I have a link that you click on to see the Company there & hope that it will take you to the website!

I didn't see any CATS kitty just, DOGS dog shrug

At the price I paid $2.29 for a 5.oz can ugh! I could be putting our food budget in jeopardy! shock

Thank you furriends & hope sum kind ~Mom or Dad katt~ can help me!

Kally Kat's Mommy Liz
xoxoxo

Grain - free canned cat food

Edited by author Tue Feb 28, '12 7:22pm PST

[notify]

♥Kall- y- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Tue Feb 28, '12 7:53pm PST 
MeOws Sugar & kitties,

I bought 1 can of Pure Vita Grain - Free canned cat food today!

I haven't fed it to Kally Kat yet as I would like to hear some positive feedback on this.

I have a link that you click on to see the Company there & hope that it will take you to the website!

At the price I paid $2.29 for a 5.oz can ugh! I could be putting our food budget in jeopardy!

Thank you furriends & hope sum kind ~Mom or Dad katt~ can help me!

Kally Kat's Mommy Liz
xoxoxo
roll ova to link to see the canned food,

Pure Vita grain - free Canned cat food

Click on link to take you to the website,
Then click on products, pop down menu will show this particular canned food to view!

Copy & paste this into your browser

http://www.nutrisourcedogfood.com/purevita/
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Wed Feb 29, '12 4:00am PST 
From reading the ingredients, that Shade posted, the only thing I see wrong with it, is it is pretty high in salt. Not a food, one could feed a heart kitty. I feed Blue Wilderness, grain free, by product free, gluten free, soy free, and its very low in salt. waveway to gohug

http://www.bluebuffalo.com/healthy-cat-food
[notify]

♥Kall- y- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Wed Feb 29, '12 7:15am PST 
Hi Bumpurr & kitteh's wave
Are you talking about the dry grain - free food, or the canned one I ask about?

I opened the can this morning & as always I look through the whole inside of the food, oh, it smelled very good the turkey.

I gave Kally Kat just a Tablespoon only. Wow! da dish was so clean! laugh out loud

Please let me know if it's the can or the dry grain- free that Shade posted?

Thanks Bumpurr, it's so nice to see you here! smile

BTW, Bump, Kally Kat likes the BW canned grain - free too!

Have a wunnaful Wednesday! big hug
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2