GO!

The New Wellness Canned Food Available

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 28)  
1  2  3  
ZACK

BLACK is- HANDSOME

Purred: Thu Jun 2, '11 8:35pm PST 
wave Hi Toffy!

We have tried all 3 different cuts of meat now... cubed, minced and sliced. Just like their name, the minced is tiny cut pieces and the cube is little cubes of meat and the sliced is little slices. Same thick sauce in all of them. And we love all of them!! We like most foods but we gobbled all these new foods down. And Mommy likes that the sauce is thicker so she can add a little water to it and get even more moisture into us. Daddy got such a kick out of watching us eat the new food. Daddy had turkey for dinner (Mommy is a vegetarian) and we had turkey too just like Daddy!
[notify]

Alexis

loves to take- adventures

Purred: Thu Jun 2, '11 9:57pm PST 
mommy might have me try them for me. my sis nellie probly wouldnt like them but thats nellie always picky
[notify]

Toffy

Head of- household

Purred: Thu Jun 2, '11 9:57pm PST 
It's great to know, Zack! I'm looking forward to trying all 3 cuts soon! happy dance
[notify]

Toffy

Head of- household

Purred: Thu Jun 2, '11 9:59pm PST 
Hey, Alexis! What a coincidence! We posted at the same time. smile
[notify]

ZACK

BLACK is- HANDSOME

Purred: Fri Jun 3, '11 9:23am PST 
That is so funny, Toffy, that you and Alexis posted at the same exact time!

Last night Mommy emailed Wellness to ask for more information on the new food. She asked about the % of Phosphorus and Sodium and the 'As Fed' Analysis instead of guaranteed analysis.

As usual, Wellness emailed Mommy back right away this morning. The consumer affairs rep said she was really happy to hear that we love the new food and they are sending us a coupon and here is her reply:

"As for the nutrient breakdown, I will have to get back to you with that information. Since these products are brand new, we have not been given the detailed breakdown as of yet. As soon as I get that information, I will let you know."

That is understandable and as soon as I hear back from Wellness on this, I will post the information.
[notify]

Purred: Wed Feb 13, '13 10:17am PST 
This is the answer I received re: the cubed/minced Turkey and Chicken. My cats alternate between Wellness Turkey and Chicken pate but I recently started serving poultry dinner cuts as a once a day supplement. The values don't look too bad in small amounts although I don't have a good comparison point at the moment. Hope the info is helpful !

Wellness Canned Cat Cuts

Turkey Cubed: 0.34% Phosphorus as fed
Turkey Cubed: 1.49% Phosphorus Dry Matter

Turkey Cubed: .30% Sodium as fed
Turkey Cubed: 1.31% Sodium Dry Matter

Turkey Minced: 0.37% Phosphorus as fed
Turkey Minced: 1.63% Phosphorus Dry Matter

Turkey Minced: 0.30% Sodium as fed
Turkey Minced: 1.32% Sodium Dry Matter

I hope you find this information helpful.

Thanks again for contacting us.

Kim Cody
Representative
Consumer Affairs
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Wed Feb 13, '13 4:59pm PST 
Dr. Lisa of Catinfo.org has all the Wellness nutritional info (and for many other brands) on her food chart: http:/ /www.catinfo.org/docs/FoodChartPublic9-22-12.pdf way to go
[notify]

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Wed Feb 13, '13 8:19pm PST 
Kim, this post would have been useful back in JUNE 2011. We all have since moved on to other topics as you can see. Fishing up old topics are not cool.

Now if you are taking suggestion: Upgrade all your feline kibble bags to zipper tops. It floors me you spend all that money on a bag that is foil lined and have no way to close it after you take 6 oz out of the bag. I already called you (Wellpet) about that suggestion but ............ I guess it will be a very cold day in Indiana before you add a zipper to all bags. I had to laugh at the suggestion by the customer service rep. that this type of bag is what the customers want. One where you have no way of closing it! LOL hail Lol laugh out loud LOL hail Lol laugh out loud LOL

I do have to say the Wellness website is wonderful to find the phosphorus amounts. Now if you can get Holistic Select side to put actual amounts instead of min. amounts ........ I asked the Facebook people about the phosphorus in the new feline grain free kibble and they suggested I call customer service. Really... Well I just passed on your product altogether. Too many hoops for the consumers if your company is not willing to provide the information in the first place on the package or your website.

PS, I have a bowl of Holistic Select Duck, Wellness Indoor and one bowl of Wellness Salmon mixed the Holistic Select Fish one on the floor for my cats to free graze. Yep, I'm a consumer.
[notify]

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 28)  
1  2  3