GO!

stinky cat food for picky cats

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Pumpkin

*does happy- dance*

Purred: Sun Feb 1, '09 6:03am PST 
My baby punkin wont eat. i think her wet food isnt smelly enough. So help catsters! what canned food dose your picky/sick cat eat?

I really want her to eat normal food rather then get her some A/D from the vet, but if she dosnt eat tonight i might have to ( for those who havent read my other thread, punkin is sick and on meds)

right now i have friskies but it aint stinky enough. i heated it up and all that. I might try some fancy feast. any other suggestions?
[notify]

Bandit

Talk to Me

Purred: Sun Feb 1, '09 8:34am PST 
Well they say any cat will eat Fancy Feast, so maybe it would be worth a try. But do try to buy the flavors without wheat gluten in them.

Another food we've had that is pretty smelly is California Natural Salmon & Sweet Potato canned food. It's grain free, so it's extra good for you too.

Here's the link, you'll have to copy & paste it, for some reason when I try to hyper link it, it won't work shrug

http://www.californianaturalpet.com/products/default.asp?id=14 25
[notify]

Isabelle

Do I smell- treats??

Purred: Sun Feb 1, '09 9:50am PST 
Punkin - you could try heating the wet food a little bit to bring out the smell (not hot, but "mouse" temperature). Isabelle wasn't thrilled with wet food until I accidentally heated it more than usual, and suddenly she went all for it. So you might try that.

smile
[notify]

Zaphod

Bounjour!

Purred: Sun Feb 1, '09 10:00am PST 
This is the site Bandit suggested.
This is the list of the Fancy Feast foods that have less than 10% carbs, more protein, and have no wheat gluten.
Tender Beef Feast (brown label color)
Tender Beef & Liver Feast (magenta)
Tender Beef & Chicken Feast (red)
Gourmet Chicken Feast (dark pink...be careful, this looks just like another chicken variety with gluten!)
Turkey & Giblets Feast (olive green)
Tender Liver & Chicken Feast (orange)
Chopped Grill Feast (kelly green)
Flaked Fish & Shrimp Feast (true blue)
Savory Salmon Feast (orange)
Flaked Ocean Fish Feast (pink)
Tuna and Oceanfish Feast in Aspic (teal label)
[notify]

Pumpkin

*does happy- dance*

Purred: Sun Feb 1, '09 11:29am PST 
thanks. i had a hard time finding 'stinky' food that wasnt crap. alot of the flavores in some of the brands had wheatglutin and SUGAR in them! we got some fancy feast and she seems to like the gravy. so its something.
[notify]

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Sun Feb 1, '09 11:41am PST 
Punkin have you tried the Evo wet foods?
or Wellness or Merricks have some tasty flavours.
[notify]

Pumpkin

*does happy- dance*

Purred: Mon Feb 2, '09 9:51am PST 
i use to feed my cats evo and they changed the canned food in some way, because the texture is diffrent and has weird orange chunks...my cats do NOT like it anymore.

punkin seems to like beef and liver flavores. we are going to stick to fancy feast untill shes off her meds. its the only thing she'll eat. thanks for the input.
[notify]

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Mon Feb 2, '09 10:33am PST 
Hi Punkin yes I know about the Evo it is a different consistency, it seems harder. I complained to Evo about them putting too much carrot in it, seemed to be ok witht he last batch but today I opened a new case and it had tons of carrot in it, yuck!! but they are eating it fine.
The Wellness does not have so much carrot in it and is a smoother consistency.
[notify]

Philbert

Snort!

Purred: Mon Feb 2, '09 4:09pm PST 
Weruva has some canned food that are pretty stinky! they're not as processed into pate as a lot of other food and they have a nice chunky livery one called "nine liver" I think. they also come in the smaller cans, so you can test it out and not waste a ton of food or money!
[notify]

Oliver (In- Loving- Memory)

Chicka chicka...- BOOM! BOOM!

Purred: Sat Feb 7, '09 10:18am PST 
Have you tried Nature's Variety Instinct? It doesn't have a strong smell, but it is really yummy! For 10 years the only thing I would eat is dry food, until mom brought home a can of the Instinct rabbit flavor for us to try. I loved it so much that she bought the dry formula for me as well, and now I am on ...

cloud 9
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2