GO!

Identifying Mau in a mixed breed

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 11)  
1  2  
Moosie

Moosie the- dragon slayer

Purred: Sun Jan 13, '13 12:39pm PST 
My Moosie is definitely a mix with Egyptian Mau. I noticed when she was a kitten that she had spots on her belly. She is mostly a solid black with a tan swirl on either side of her body. All four of her legs are tan with black stripes. Her belly is completely tan with black spots evenly spaced from each other. Her eyes are absolutely Egyptian Mau being a gorgeous yellow/green, with the black eye liner look and big almond shaped. Moosie has the classic pouch but not at all fat. She is very vocal and almost speaks when spoken to. She ONLY likes being held by me and especially held up to my shoulder like a baby. She is very puppy loyal to me as I find her waiting for me at the window every evening and by the time I get to the door she is right there to great me. She is rather skittish around others until she gets to know them. As she was a rescue from a feral cat momma there is no way to know. I never even saw her kitty momma but I've done a lot of reading and research and I'm convinced that she mixed with Mau. kitty
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 11)  
1  2