GO!

what am i???

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Keith(in- loving- memory)

seriously easy- goin'

Purred: Tue Sep 30, '08 3:16pm PST 
I know im a DMH... but I was wondering if any one knew if there was a breed specific that went along with that...
[notify]

Pyra

I have an- Eyepatch, like a- 'Pyra'te

Purred: Mon Nov 10, '08 3:41pm PST 
DMH is the breed :/
You have a Tuxedo Coat pattern though from what i can see.
[notify]

Peekaboo

Huh?

Purred: Wed Oct 7, '09 7:13pm PST 
They call DMH a breed but it is actually more of a classification of a "mutt cat" with a medium coat. Welcome to the mutt club! Who knows what makes a cat have a medium length coat instead oa long or short coat. I suppose it is a blend of the two sides, maybe the best of both. Long enough to be oh so pet-able yet short enough not to need extra grooming.
[notify]

Hallie- (5-15-96/11-- 7-12)

Please consider- adopting an- older cat!

Purred: Sun Oct 11, '09 4:10am PST 
Most likely, the DMH is due to modifier genes acting on the coat length and density. The DMH label came about due to the difficulty of trying to classify a cat who might have longer hair on the tail or had a plushier coat with more undercoat and longer guard hair than a sleek short coated cat with less undercoat, but whose coat was not really that long compared to the truly longhaired breeds such as the Maine Coon and the Persian.
When it comes to coats, length of coat and quantity of undercoat are only two of several factors that determine what kind of coat a cat has. For example, although both are longhaired, the Persian and Maine Coon have very different coat types. Persian coats are soft with a cottony undercoat that tends to mat easily. The Maine Coon cat has a coarser coat and undercoat, and is much easier to manage than a Persian coat is.
[notify]