GO!

I want to see the kitten before I choose

If you are wondering what is the right cat for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about purring and learning.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
~Purrcy ~- Meohmy

I AM- MARSHMELLOW CAT!

Purred: Tue Feb 28, '12 1:52pm PST 
Pandora it is me looking at the kittens not Bert.
My issue is: I have to commit to this one kitten - sight unseen - and my $100 deposit will hold him just for me. It does not sound like, IF for some reason (WHEN I do get to see the kitten) I really don't like the kitten, she will expect me to bring him home. I will not have the option of choosing another kitten.
But since I haven't heard from the breeder (not the one with the nasty food) I guess this kitten is not gonna happen for me...I'll keep looking!
And I have been looking at all the catteries I can find on line. Everyone has different policies regarding deposits and so forth. Again, I have no problem putting a deposit down on a cat from a litter born already OR a future litter.
I just want a KITTEN that I LIKE and to fall in LOVE with.
So if any one hears about a nice red/cream male (with the poly trait) MC kitten - let me know!!

Edited by author Tue Feb 28, '12 2:08pm PST

[notify]

~Purrcy ~- Meohmy

I AM- MARSHMELLOW CAT!

Purred: Tue Feb 28, '12 2:15pm PST 
Sorry I meant to say that it sounds like if I commit to the kitten, I will be expected to bring him home even if I find the kitten doesn't meet my expectations. I know that no one can make me take a kitten I don't want. It does not sound like the deposit will be applied to a future litter.
[notify]

~Purrcy ~- Meohmy

I AM- MARSHMELLOW CAT!

Purred: Tue Feb 28, '12 2:27pm PST 
Here is the correspondence between the breeder and I (edited to remove names and e-mail addresses)
This starts with the last message I got from her. Maybe I am misunderstanding?

Hi A-
I understand about you wanting to meet the kitten but I don't reserve the
kittens unless the person is definitely going to take them. Otherwise I
do not accept deposits.
If you want to meet him, I do let the kittens have visitors when they are
eight weeks old and after they have had their shots. If he is still
available at that time you are more than welcome to come and meet him but I
am sorry I can't hold him for you.
Thanks,
T

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 11:11 PM, a wrote:

>
>
> Hi T,
> Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. I am still interested in the kitten, although I really do want a double pawed cat (they just are so special). Will send the deposit to hold him.
> I would like to meet him before I make a final decision. If you are like most breeders, you don't want really young kittens exposed to a whole lot of people too early. When is the youngest I could meet him? Six weeks or so?
> I will send off deposit tomorrow...a cheque is ok?
> Please let me know. I'm really excited and have been putting away my pin money for my new kitten for a few months (almost have enough!)
> thanks,
> A
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: T S. **
> To: a **
> Sent: Fri, Feb 24, 2012 3:23 pm
> Subject: Re: New kittens??
>
> Hi A-
> He is not a poly. I forgot that you were looking for a poly. Do you still
> want him?
> Mom is doing great. He is a big hardy guy. I'll try to get you a
> picture soon. Mom does not want me to bother them.
>

Edited by author Tue Feb 28, '12 2:38pm PST

[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Tue Feb 28, '12 2:34pm PST 
Pandora, put Rory on, mol. wave

Hey Rory, you best be a feared of the big man, mol, mol, mol. laugh out loud big laugh way to gokissinghug

Guess, ya all, will has to come on up to Garden State, and prove it, mol, mol, mol, unless, ya is afraid. blue dog

Edited by author Tue Feb 28, '12 2:36pm PST

[notify]

Rory

little red- biscuit head

Purred: Tue Feb 28, '12 5:58pm PST 
If you go, I'll go too. I'm supposed to get to retire, but if a stinky little kitten from here goes, someone has to babysit and that would be me.
[notify]

♥- Roxy- ♥

Polydactyl Maine- Coons Rule!

Purred: Tue Feb 28, '12 10:41pm PST 
Most breeders I've heard of don't want people coming in when the kittens are really young... So it is not unusual to pick out a kitten sight unseen.
At any rate, when they are that young you can't tell much at all about personalities yet!

We picked Roxy sight unseen, well, except photos. We wanted a black female Maine Coon. The breeder sends out pictures of the kittens in a preview, then does another email to the people on her waiting list when she is taking reservations for specific kittens that include photos of the kittens. We got photos but we didn't get to meet Roxy until it was time for her to go home. The breeder is not really close enough for us to visit anyway, they met us halfway for us to take Roxy home.
[notify]

Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Thu Mar 1, '12 11:16am PST 
Can we throw our 2 Cents in? I agree with Ya'all, but just would like to add that I love my cats and wouldnt trade them for anything in the world, I got my cats from a breeder in CA back in 2007 - yes I did send a deposit and I purchased TWO cats (I got a discount for the second one upon my first purchase MOL) anywho.. I did pic the cats out from a picture on their website. HOWEVER.. after flying the cats to NJ from CA my female I noticed had a rectal problem and still does to this day, my vet says its kind of like a hemmeroid. I noticed it seemed to be scabby after first examining her - after phoning the breeder she told me to put a preparation H pad on her butt and hold it there... I was like ???? to make a long story short my kitty has a constant scabby butt and it bleeds when she poops frown.. so, just in my case I would say if you intend to get a cat always see the breeders home and the conditions and carefully examine the cat from head to toe. I was also told if I wanted to I could "send her back" in a huffy tone - mind you I paid airfare for two cats and at this point the kitten was so cute I didnt want to return her. So even tho she has a scabby butt she still managed to make CFA Grand Premier. This was my experience and I would never purchase another animal without complete exam.
Sincerely Kyande Kisu (Dreamette #7)
[notify]

Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Thu Mar 1, '12 11:21am PST 
MOL if Rory and Bumpurr come to Garden State I will show you my scabby butt... PEEK, Purrrrt.. dont get to close.. hahahha, actually I think mom is going cat free to GS, I may have alot on my plate to do that day in the show hall as usual.
[notify]

~Purrcy ~- Meohmy

I AM- MARSHMELLOW CAT!

Purred: Thu Mar 1, '12 6:03pm PST 
Thanks for your post Kyande...we actually live about 45 minutes from this breeder so it is not a travel issue at all - I would be happy to be able to go and look (exam) the kitten. But I have notifies the breeder that I am not interested in the kitten and if she should have a kitten that I am interested she can contact me then.
[notify]

Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Thu Mar 1, '12 6:18pm PST 
One of my club members is a Maine Coon breeder and I can honestly recommend her highly. Shes from NJ and alot of her cats that I have seen are orangey. Google MellowMaines.com and check her out. If you want I can send her a Pmail and ask her if she has any kittens or know someone who does. If you look at her site I see most of her males are red and I think one of the females are. These pictures dont do her cats justice.

Edited by author Thu Mar 1, '12 6:23pm PST

[notify]

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3