GO!

kitten for not-really-cat-social cat?

If you are wondering what is the right cat for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about purring and learning.

Yuki

Purred: Tue Feb 14, '12 9:24am PST 
I currently have a divided family. My kitty Yuki doesn't really want other bigger cats too near to her but has been progressing. She is fine as long as they keep a few feet away and don't surprise her. (Thinking this stemmed from being declawed and then thrown into the wild.) She is full grown but still a pretty tiny cat. There are two other cats who get along with each other fine in my household. I have considered getting a kitten in hopes of a companion for the younger cat, who is about 2, to play with but also for Yuki who gets restless by herself. Yuki doesn't really play currently. Hopefully I explained that well enough and included all the pertinent info. Thanks!
[notify]

Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Mon Mar 12, '12 4:09pm PST 
Some cats just do not like company. Maizy here, would be thrilled if she was the only cat - she was for 3 years, but she also did not grow up with a cat family - I raised her from 1 week old. It sounds like your kitty had some trauma, and it takes time for them to overcome things. Maybe a little of an older cat that can still play with your young cat, but is not at crazy as a kitten might work. The last thing you want to do is upset her even more. Maizy will play with the boys once in a while, so it is not totally hopeless - you just have to pay attention to what they all need
[notify]