GO!

AKC Ch.Dog Owner Wondering About Purebred CFA Ch.Cats

If you are wondering what is the right cat for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about purring and learning.

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 36)  
1  2  3  4  
Cowboy

The Battle Of- Texas 2010- Winner!

Purred: Sun Feb 26, '12 6:05am PST 
Me and you, can fits into Bump's carrier, mol, its a gygunda dog carrier, rated for a 30 lb dog. laugh out loud

If ya comes up this season, same betty as last season? waveway to gohug
[notify]

Rory

little red- biscuit head

Purred: Sun Feb 26, '12 9:34am PST 
Heckyeah; but I thought you weighed 20 pounds, I will no longer fit with you unless they stuff us in and pack us down mol.
[notify]

Vincent

Please- spay/neuter your- feline companion

Purred: Thu Mar 1, '12 8:47pm PST 
Vincent (who is primarily Siamese) and other siamese cats/their humans have taught me that different breeds in cats also have "breed traits" like dogs. I didn't used to believe it, until I saw it with my own eyes. I'm being told my more and more Siamese/predominantly Siamese mix cat owners that Vincent is a "typical Siamese". Playful, energetic, talkative (mostly when he wants something), wants to be up high, and admittedly can be quite a pill when he's particularly curious or energetic.

That said, I will NOT get a cat from a breeder, because there are way too many being euthanized in shelters, too many coming sick to our doorstep (Like Vincent, and Velcro both did, and more have since but we can't take anymore in because Vince is FLV+), too many hoarders around here dumping their cats off, and too many being given away on Craigslist. If there wasn't this huge population of unwanted cats, and cats being euthanized, I'd consider it, but until then, I'll stick to my rescued cats.
[notify]

Cowboy

The Battle Of- Texas 2010- Winner!

Purred: Fri Mar 2, '12 2:54pm PST 
Bump is the big boy, he used to weigh 20 lbs, the vetty said he was too fatty, and now he is down to 17 lbs. I only weighs 12 lbs, how muchy does you weighs? You was a little guy back in July, so cute, my mommy just wanted to kiss and hug you! kissinghugway to gowave
[notify]

♥- Roxy- ♥

Polydactyl Maine- Coons Rule!

Purred: Fri Mar 2, '12 11:12pm PST 
There are personality traits that are associated with certain cat breeds, same as dog breeds. However just like with dogs, individuals can vary quite a lot within the breed. Some will match the traits you expect from that breed and some will not. Even a well-bred dog (or cat) does not necessarily fit the expected traits 100%. For example my German Shepherd from a well respected breeder is very outgoing and friendly with new people, loves attention from people we meet, which totally doesn't match where the breed standard says they should have, "a certain aloofness that does not lend itself to immediate and indiscriminate friendships." She does seem to be able to distinguish friendly "nice" people from those who might be up to no good, though.

My Maine Coon does fit the typical personality traits of the breed pretty well.
[notify]

Rory

little red- biscuit head

Purred: Tue Mar 6, '12 6:25pm PST 
Cowboy,, you have a LOT of fur then, Meowma thought you weighed at least 15. I am about 12 pounds or maybe even more now and Meowma says I have caught up with my head now but do need to lose a pound. Mmmmm, food...
I agree with Roxy about variable personality, though the Burms and Bombers here do all love people and are not even a little bit nervous around strangers. Each has their peculiarities about toys, games, etc they like and their tolerance of other cats. I can say they are all friendly, non violent, and playful without being nuts though.

Edited by author Tue Mar 6, '12 6:28pm PST

[notify]

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 36)  
1  2  3  4