GO!

what should mama do?

If you are wondering what is the right cat for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about purring and learning.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Greta (now- in kitty- heaven)

I am the QUEEN- OF THE HOUSE!

Purred: Wed Feb 20, '08 9:33am PST 
Just to clarify....mama still loves me VERY much, in spite of the fact that I'm independent and not dependent like Buster. She didn't want anyone to think that she stopped loving me, or was going to give me away.

thanx

Miss Greta the Great
(happy to have mama all to herself!)
[notify]

Benny Grunch

Will Meow for- Treats!!!

Purred: Thu Feb 21, '08 8:59am PST 
Greta - good for your meowmy that she thought this thru. Sometimes it is best for a cat to be the one and only. We are four in our family, and we all get along well. Emma and Louis are littermates, and I adopted meomwy in January, 2007. Then Pete joined us in late October, 2007.

Hugs to you and your meowmy,
Benny Grunch, Emma Barrett, Louis Armstrong & Pete Fountainhughughug
[notify]

Spikey

Play That- Funky Music- White Cat

Purred: Thu Feb 21, '08 12:25pm PST 
hug

Mumma has had me fur almsot like 5 years.. and well she got Hobbit in like August of last year.. at first I didn'ttake to well... Im still not sure now But mum was taking in to consideration if we'd get along.. and she always promiseed she wouldn't let Hobbit take over and she'll make sure I still got attention - which helped me through the first 3 months!!!!

And my mum loves us both hug
[notify]

Tigmut'hep

Tigmut'hep- requires worship

Purred: Fri Feb 22, '08 8:03am PST 
Hi,

Sometimes it's easier for an adult cat to accept a kitten more than another adult cat... We found adjusting to having Isis here quite easy as she was a kitten and I didn't see her as a threat! Ramses loved her from day one in fact, but I took a little more convincing... I never swatted her though as she was so much littler than me and I'm not that much of a bully! wink

If your Mom wants to get you another cat, whether it's a kitten or an adult, she should let you meet slowly and you're more likely to get on. If she can set up a spare room for your new cat and let it adjust to the new house, while letting you sniff at the door and get past the need to hiss stage and onto the "I wanna know who it is stage", then when you meet you're more likely to hit it off straight away! smile

Good luck what ever she decides is best for you, but remember with an extra cat in the house she'll put more cat food down at each meal and if you're lucky you'll manage to eat yours and part of theirs too! wink

Purrs,
Tigmut'hep
[notify]

Purred: Fri Feb 22, '08 12:15pm PST 
Well mama is already used to the routine of putting down 2 food bowls....she did it for 8 years....and in my case Buster ate my leftovers. Mama really wants another kitty because she misses the dependent personality of Buster, but says she has no spare room and only a small bathroom. I'm already little, she figures there's not much chance of finding a smaller kitty than me. Additionally, I am feisty and really prefer to have mama all to myself. She works 10 to 12 hours a day and doesn't have the time needed to devote to the first 2 to 3 weeks of the "new cat introduction" process.

Mama said now she said she feels like she's just being selfish.
She's trying really hard to enjoy me and appreciate me alone.

Edited by author Fri Feb 22, '08 12:17pm PST

[notify]

Purred: Fri Feb 22, '08 12:38pm PST 
Mama forgot one other very important thing....she is concerned that if she brought a kitten into our home, I would attack or even kill it. I can be a MEAN little girl sometimes.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2