GO!

What breed of cat should I get?

If you are wondering what is the right cat for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about purring and learning.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Other posts by this user

Purred: Mon Nov 19, '07 12:10pm PST 
I (as the owner) am getting a new kitten fairly soon and I don't know which breed to chose! I don't want long haired cats (but maybe the cat that's in Snickers' pic) and I don't want the ones that look like dogs (sorry kitties). What do you guys think?
[notify]

Jasper

It's all about- ME!!!

Purred: Mon Nov 19, '07 12:33pm PST 
Hi there!wave

Well the answer is easy!

If it's not a Manx, It's just a Cat.....laugh out loud

We are lots of fun and are easy-going and sweet-natured.

M cheer Acheer Ncheer Xcheer

kitty
Jasper of Operation Miracle Manx
[notify]

TGM Gimli DB- #101a

Play Hard, Sleep- Hard!

Purred: Mon Nov 19, '07 4:02pm PST 
Hi Snickers! Hi Jasper!wave

Yep, Manx cats are like no other! Make it Manx, thanks!cheerdancing
Jasper is right, we Manx are sweet-natured, fun, easy-going and even-tempered! And we have long tails, little tails or no tails at all!And we do a cute sideways bunny hop when we run or play.wink

Edited by author Mon Nov 19, '07 4:09pm PST

♠- KILLER- ♠

DIVA with a- heart of gold!

Purred: Mon Nov 19, '07 4:09pm PST 
if you are set on a purbreed, i have to go maine coon. they are super sweet, smart kitties. they are HUGE though. they are long hair, but not overly so. they need some grooming but they are not prone to mats. maine coons are even temperd and affectionate, but they are not lapcats. they sit-by-your-lap-cats. they do tricks too.big grin
[notify]

Izadore- (Izzie)

Always make it- look like the- dogs did it

Purred: Tue Nov 20, '07 6:44am PST 
Hi,
I am a Maine Coon mix rescued from under my neighbor's deck. I have 98% of Maine Coon characteristics but I don't think I'll be huge. My mommy used to do animal rescue and she would like me to ask you if you would please consider going to your local shelter or contacting a local animal welfare group to see if they might have something you'd like? God bless you if you do --there are so many of us out there who need homes!! way to go
[notify]

Dickens

CatDog =^..^=

Purred: Tue Nov 20, '07 7:23am PST 
Rescue!
[notify]

~ Brooke ~- Angel Queen

Her Highness

Purred: Tue Nov 20, '07 5:15pm PST 
The best way to get a cat, is to rescue one from a shelter! Breeds in cats don't matter as much as in dogs - I'm a domestic shorthair (a.k.a. a "mix breed"), but I can rule over my human servants without any sort of pedigree. And by rescuing, you're saving a life.
[notify]

Jacques

Fiend #2

Purred: Tue Nov 20, '07 5:32pm PST 
I agree that if you go to your local shelter or rescue group they can usually tell you the traits of their cats 'n' kits....from shedding, care and even future behavior patterns. Many shelters have purebreds, if you have your heart set on one breed.

Check the CFA website. They have photos, standards and descriptions that will help you get an idea of what a grown cat will be like.

*I made it thru that without mentioning that Tonkinese are fun-loving and require no grooming at all... hee hee*
[notify]

Gordy_ I- ♥- Pebbles

Meow

Purred: Tue Nov 20, '07 6:16pm PST 
Breeds don't matter all cats look the same to me! big laugh
[notify]

Sesshoumaru- (Sesshy)

mrrrr? wanna- play?

Purred: Tue Nov 20, '07 6:43pm PST 
We agree with the Rescue cats! There are plenty to browse from on Catster that need loving homes and are extremely cute and lovable. If you don't see any in your area here, the shelter is always a good place to find just the right cat or kitten smile
[notify]

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4