GO!

What am I???

If you are wondering what is the right cat for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about purring and learning.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Pearl

Psycho

Purred: Thu Mar 1, '07 2:06am PST 
Not sure if this is the right spot for this, but I was wondering if anyone could help. I don't know cat breeds at all, but was wondering if you could tell by some characteristics or something. Does anyone have any idea? Pearl was found dumped, so I have no info on her. She is getting really big now and starting to loose her kitty look and is growing into her catty look, so I thought it might be easier to be able to tell what she might have in her.
Any ideas would be great.confused
[notify]

Emme♥

Purr loud, Purr- Often

Purred: Thu Mar 1, '07 6:58am PST 
Well, we have about one of everything in our large family, but no purebreds. It's hard to tell, but I think you are a normal domestic shorthair, orange tabby, or ginger tabby. Your tabby pattern is caled "classic", because of the swirls. You are very pretty! What is interesting is that girl orange kitties are nowhere near as common as male. There are several Forum groups for orange kitties, and they can probably tell you much more. Welcome to Catster, we will send a friend request.
[notify]

Nicholas D.- Wolfwood

MEEEEEEEEEEEEOOO- OOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW- W

Purred: Fri Mar 2, '07 12:06pm PST 
I would have to agree you look in the pic like an American Short Hair orange and white tabby but there could always be a little something extra thrown in, I think Wolfie is part Siamese b/cc he talks SOOOOO much!
[notify]

Meekah

I\\\'m First

Purred: Fri Mar 2, '07 1:55pm PST 
Yep I have to agree. You sure are adorable. big grin
[notify]

Pippin

One handsome- devil

Purred: Fri Mar 2, '07 2:18pm PST 
American domestic shorthair. American and European shorthairs have different tabby patterns.
[notify]

Binks

Little boy in a- cat suit

Purred: Fri Mar 2, '07 7:54pm PST 
Officially, I don't know what you are... but you are incredibly cute!
[notify]

Pearl

Psycho

Purred: Sat Mar 3, '07 5:03pm PST 
Thanks everyone!
This is going to sound really bad, but I have always despised cats, I thought they were all evil, but when we found this little pumpkin at school, all negative thoughts left me and I am now a very proud putty cat owner what ever it is she is.cloud 9
[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Sat Mar 3, '07 8:40pm PST 
DSH (Domestic Short Hair). American Short Hair is a completely different breed altogether. You are a cutie though!
[notify]

Binks

Little boy in a- cat suit

Purred: Mon Mar 5, '07 5:43pm PST 
I'm so glad that you have learned to love kitties. I have always felt, that for the most part, people who say they don't like cats have just never had one in their lives. Once you have been touched by one - or shared your life with one - it's hard to imagine ever living without one again.

People get the misconception that all cats are aloof and don't need them. When you get to experience firsthand just how loving (and funny) they can be, well, you know what happens since it happened to you!

I agree with Hunter, DSH. And CUTE!!!!!!!

Oh, and my mommy says to tell you that her most favorite aunt in the whole world (who has been in heaven now for about seven years) was named Pearl. Aunt Pearl had a personality you would only hear about in books. She was kooky as the day is long, but mommy loved her so much and spent quite a lot of her childhood at Aunt Pearl's house (learning how to become a hypochondriac from a pro). So, she LOVES the name you have chosen for your sweet and fiesty girl. No wonder those doggies don't worry her!!!

Edited by author Mon Mar 5, '07 5:48pm PST

[notify]

Popper (In- Loving- Memory)

Here I am! Time- to nap

Purred: Mon Mar 5, '07 5:54pm PST 
wow, that must stink not knowing what breed your cat is, have you asked a vet? there pretty good at figuring out what breed they are, if this helps, I hope it does, ya see, im not the best person to talk to for advice!laugh out loud
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2