GO!

SIAMESE WITH TABBIES

If you are wondering what is the right cat for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about purring and learning.

MAGGIE- MAY(in- loving- memory)

I'm the- Princess!

Purred: Wed Jan 31, '07 5:47am PST 
Is it better for Siamese cats to be with the same breed or is it OK to have them with Tabbies? I have two Orangies & I am looking for that one really lovey lap cat. The more I am reading about Siamese, the more I am thinking this is what I want. Is this not a good match for my two Tabbies??
[notify]

Topaz

Food Thief

Purred: Sun Feb 11, '07 3:53pm PST 
It depends on the individual cat, on both sides. See, I'm a Russian Blue, and Emmy (The siamese we live with) is fine with me. She hated my sister, before she died.

Anyways. Just see if there is any way for the cats to meet each other before adoption, and if there's one hiss - it's probably not going to work. Siamese hold grudges.
[notify]

star

i want doggie!

Purred: Sun Feb 11, '07 5:32pm PST 
i think its normal, my old black cat that died, he had tabby babies (and 2 black)
[notify]

star

i want doggie!

Purred: Sun Feb 11, '07 5:36pm PST 
its normal. i had a black cat that had more tabbys than black cats!
[notify]

Orca The- Killer- Kitten

It's a tux thing

Purred: Sun Feb 11, '07 10:28pm PST 
Topaz is right...Siamese do hold grudges and not just with other cats but with humans as well. They are also extremely intellegent
and have very distict personalities. My blue point was not too much of a lap cat though.
[notify]

Spike

Freakus

Purred: Tue Feb 20, '07 3:11pm PST 
Me & Kibble are the BEST of friends, I am not sure if I am totally Siamese (in fact I'm probably not) but I am the purriest lap cat around my parts. My predecessor Naopleon was part siamese too & he loved ALL cats (& dogs too). so maybe a part siamese. we found ours on petfinder. good luck.
[notify]