GO!

Dogless in Chicago - For now.... Looking for a temporary place to stay in chicago -Please HELP!

This is a special place for Catsters to help Catsters arrange for community transport of rescues or cats being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furrever homes!

Tailer

Tailer - The King of Koo- Koo

Purred: Thu Apr 19, '12 2:55am PST 
Hi there. NOT too sure about all this, but I hear I'm getting a dog. Yes, a DOG.

He's moving up here from Austin TX and he's going to be living with us in a new house we're buying. PAWBLEM is that we don't get into that new house until end of June, so we've got two months to either 1) be with that thing here in our downtown chicago flat or 2) find a good person out there who can either take one or both of us us (Zelda is my other feline friend here). I'd rather meet him in a house, over there, where we're going to be living anyhow, than have him come in here and mess everything up in a small place where two humans and two cats already live.

DOES anyone know anyone in chicago who may be able to take us for a couple months. Would be May and June... My human will cover all costs and will throw in some spending money - Or maybe two people who can each take one of us? Any thoughts or help appreciated!!
purrs,
tailer cat on moon
[notify]

Natalie the- Natcat,- Forever

Show some- respect,- youngster!

Purred: Thu Apr 19, '12 9:52am PST 
Not a good idea to displace the cats and then reunite them with a dog in a new place. It's going to freak them badly. Why can't you let the dog join you in the new house?

Cats bond to their territory as to their people. It will frighten and distress them to do this.
[notify]

Church

I'm a model!

Purred: Thu Apr 19, '12 6:01pm PST 
It might be better to see if the dog can stay with someone else... thinking
Dogs are generally better at acclimating to a new environment than cats.
[notify]

ZOEY

Growing up with - TORTITUDE

Purred: Sun Apr 22, '12 10:53pm PST 
I worry about this arrangement being much too stressful for your cats. Not a good idea. They will have no idea what is going on. If you separate the cats there is a chance they will not get along when they get back together. Since the dog is not part of the family yet, I think a much better idea to have someone take care of him until it is time to move instead of punishing the cats.
[notify]