GO!

lil Kitten needs a ride from Taneytown MD to Detroit, MI

This is a special place for Catsters to help Catsters arrange for community transport of rescues or cats being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furrever homes!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Ingen

Ingen--lost and- then FOUND!

Purred: Thu Aug 11, '11 4:32pm PST 
My furriend has 5 lil kittens needs homes. We's wants one of the lil kittens (his name is NOVI). He can't leave his mama till after Sept. 1. We are moving from Michigan to Washington state the last week in September.

Any takers?
[notify]

Panda

Purred: Sat Aug 13, '11 12:34pm PST 
Pawlease??? Someone has to be going that way!
[notify]

Purincess- Miranda

Little Squirrel

Purred: Sun Aug 14, '11 2:45pm PST 
Googled trip n no way Lexington, KY, can help. BUT we stand ready to help with any of the babes who find a home goin' southward!
[notify]

Althea, PAWS

The Special,- Precious, Petite- PrinCESS

Purred: Mon Aug 15, '11 8:23am PST 
Do you have a route planned out? Transports are usually done in increments; I used to run one leg of one in Pennsylvania. You probably need to go along I70.

There's a group of truckers who transport pets, although I don't know the name of the group.

There's also a 'pet airline' that flies only pets; you might check with them.
[notify]

Althea, PAWS

Purred: Mon Aug 15, '11 3:32pm PST 
Check out www.heartshopeonline.org - that's the trucking organization dedicated to helping pets to their furever homes wherever in the country they need to go. Good luck!
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Wed Aug 17, '11 1:45pm PST 
This would be the route via Interstate:

Leg 1: Taneytown, MD to Harrisburg, PA
Leg 2: Harrisburg, PA to Dayton, OH via I76 & I70 thru Wheeling, WV & Columbus, OH
Leg 3: Dayton, OH to Detroit, MI via I75 thru Toledo, OH

That is just one way to get there, of course. Is anyone making a trip in any of these areas ALREADY, anytime in September? The kitten can leave anytime now and the recipient is moving to Seattle Sept 29.
Thanks!! Luv, Tinkkitty
[notify]

Althea, PAWS

Purred: Wed Aug 17, '11 3:26pm PST 
I may make a suggestion: it makes more sense to go from Taneytown to Hagerstown & pick up I70 there. The transport could stay on I70 all the way to Columbus.

In all honesty, I think you need more legs. When I was doing transports, the legs were generally an hour or so - maybe an hour and a half.

Has the kitten been tested & vaccinated? You should have papers from the vet attesting to the kitten's health. Also, be sure that transporters have Karo syrup on hand, in case the kitten crashes; it can be a life-saver.
[notify]

Ingen

Ingen--lost and- then FOUND!

Purred: Thu Aug 18, '11 7:10am PST 
If we can get lil Novi from Taneytown, MD to Cleveland, Akron or Youngstown in Ohio, then Jen is able to get him from one of those places.

It looks like the best route would be I-70/I-76 then continue on I-76 (at least according to Google maps).
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Thu Aug 18, '11 8:34am PST 
I named the pass-thru cities in case anyone wants to break the legs into smaller ones.

Thanks for the info and support, Althea!!!
[notify]

Teddy Bearz♥DB#35a

Heaven Sent

Purred: Thu Aug 18, '11 3:32pm PST 
Has anyone checked out flying? Concerned that such a long journey may be tough on a little kitty. Once we have a $ amount, we could try to raise the money.
Just a thought
[notify]

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3