GO!

Desperately Need Columbus, OH Drivers

This is a special place for Catsters to help Catsters arrange for community transport of rescues or cats being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furrever homes!

Angel- Playful the- Empurress

Empurress from- the House of- Ebersocats

Purred: Sun Jun 21, '09 1:59pm PST 
Cat Transport: Desperately Need Columbus, OH Drivers

UPDATE Sunday, June 21st: We only have two Columbus, OH legs left to fill for NEXT weekends (6/27 OR 6/28) cat transport:

West Lancaster, OH - Columbus, OH
45 minutes
43 miles
11:45AM - 12:30PM
NEEDED

Columbus, OH - Mansfield, OH
1 hour, 10 minutes
66 miles
12:40PM - 1hi50PM
NEEDED

As mentioned, this transport is scheduled for the weekend of June 27th. HOWEVER, we can do it either Saturday (6/27) OR Sunday (6/28), so please feel free to let us know which day you'd prefer. For now, the info listed below simply states that it's for Saturday the 27th.

*** CROSS-POSTING APPRECIATED!!! ***

Cats that end up at the Grayson County Humane Society in Leitchfield, KY have a VERY SLIM chance of being adopted or rescued locally. Luckily, a wonderful rescue group in upstate NY can occasionally take in a few of these deserving cats and a super-dedicated Grayson County shelter volunteer is able to drive the first few legs of the transport.

If you can help with this "kitty convoy" of approximately 6 cats (the passenger list is still being determined), could you please contact me via email at schwender@aol.com (@aol.com)? Feel free to also suggest a different leg you'd consider driving if the listed start and/or end points aren't ones you prefer.

For anyone who has never transported cats and/or who might have concerns about handling them, please know that 5-6 SMALL cat carriers will be provided for this transport so they can simply be passed on from one driver to the next. That means there's really no need to handle the cats at all. There's also no need to have a van, SUV, or extra-large vehicle.

If you can help us in ANY way with this transport, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks so much and safe travels to all.......

Donna Schwender, Friend of the Grayson County Humane Society
Grayson Humane Society
[notify]

Oreo- ♥- ♥

JIGGLY WIGGLY- GIGGLIES!!!!

Purred: Tue Jun 23, '09 9:25am PST 
I have a friend who lives in Medina Ohio! I'll email her. Thank you Playfun! (spelled your name wrong on purrrpose)

LOVES!
[notify]