GO!

Search and Rescue for Missing Feral cats in New Smyrna Beach FL

This is a special place for Catsters to help Catsters arrange for community transport of rescues or cats being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furrever homes!

R.I.P.- Feral:- Striper

I was dumped- here. 25%Feral

Purred: Thu May 29, '08 4:16am PST 
I care for (TNR, shots, FeLeuk/Fiv testing, ear notching, feed etc)12 feral cats behind K-mart in New Smyrna Beach, FL, right off 44. 11 days ago my ferals started not showing up at their feeding stations. Within 3 days 10 are gone with no signs of them at all. One mother abandoned 5 kittens.(The 2 that are left are nursing moms and have been seen caring for the others). I have contacted the police and animal control as a shop owner in the area threatened to poison the cats about 3 weeks ago. My vet has informed me that if it was a predators the kittens and Mom's would have been the first to succumb. I suspect human intervention but without a body to autopsy I can prove nothing.
Friday, May 30th at 12 noon I am trying to gather a few people to aid in rescuing the rest of the kittens ( I have 4 at my home now and all have become tame with in 24 hours, hence adoptable) and to search for the missing cats and/or their bodies. I have permission from K-mart managers and the police.
If you can make it, even for 1 hour we'd love the help. Wear long pants, closed shoes, gloves and a long sleeved shirt and be prepared for anything. You may want to bring garden shears or something like that as it is a very wooded area with vines, etc. Water will be provided.
[notify]

Binks

Little boy in a- cat suit

Purred: Thu May 29, '08 10:33am PST 
I wish I could help, but I am so far away. Maybe some Catsters near you will be able to help you out. It makes me sad to think that someone would intentionally harm the kitties - much less a pet shop owner!
[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Thu May 29, '08 1:50pm PST 
I wish we could help. We are wayyyyy across the country. We will all have our purrrrr motors on that you find out where the kitties went to and that they are all safe.hug
[notify]

♥- Apache

Smile and the- world smiles- with you

Purred: Thu May 29, '08 3:04pm PST 
I cross posted to several Groups we're in - we're hoping someone can help you!

I sure hope you can find out what's happening.
[notify]