GO!

Is there a list of people listed by city someplace in this forum; anyone listening or reading this?

This is a special place for Catsters to help Catsters arrange for community transport of rescues or cats being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furrever homes!

Purred: Sun Mar 16, '08 12:33pm PST 
Is there a list of people who are on catster railroad somewhere. It seems that no one responded so there is no list of people. Dogster does have a list that consists of three different regions. Is there anyway that something like that could be put together with this site as well. Has anyone heard about two new transports out there. Check out pilotnpaws which is pilot offereing to take animals and Operation Roger which is a truck operaters move animals. It was started when Katrina hit. What might be needed is wherever a animal (dog or cat) gets off the plane or truck, volunteers to pick up the animals and take them to a shelters. Sometimes the shelter can't leave the site due to various reasons. If a list of railroaders were put together then if someone is trying to move animals, they might know who to ask for help based on where the person lives and if they are on the railroad, they will know if the person is willing to assist in any kind of movement. Please respond if interested.
[notify]

Scooter ~- Our Angel

It's all about- 'The Scootster'

Purred: Mon Mar 17, '08 9:28am PST 
I responded with this same information in another thread:

Winter was keeping a list of volunteers at one time. It doesn't look like Winter is very active on Catster anymore. You could try contacting him, though:
http://www.catster.com/cats/388006

Better yet, Winter started a group which looks like it is still posting messages, at least, so there might be someone there who knows more. It's called The Catster and Dogster Railroad, and I believe you could join, using the Dogster page you set up for Sam. Then you could send a message to the group. Here's the group:
http://www.catster.com/group/The_catster_and_dogster_railroa d-9451

I've been looking through all the old pages of posts in this section of the Forums. I started at the back, so perhaps I'll still run across some information that is more current, Guest.
[notify]

Scooter ~- Our Angel

It's all about- 'The Scootster'

Purred: Mon Mar 17, '08 4:05pm PST 
A space, which shouldn't be there, showed up in that url for the group. It's in the word railroad -- between the a and d. You'll need to remove the space after you paste the url into your browser's address bar.
[notify]

KILA IS AN- ANGEL KITTY- NOW

THE LAP IS MINE,- ALL MINE!

Purred: Mon Mar 17, '08 10:30pm PST 
I'm curious...what is a "guest"?? Do you have animals on Catster or Dogster?? Are you interested in being part of the Railroad? Are you involved in this sort of transport in your area? Just wondering...
[notify]

Purred: Sun Mar 23, '08 7:39pm PST 
Well this guest is one that has three cats, but has not put there pictures on yet. I have been on active duty and didn't have time to get this accomplished. Also, I am helping to rescue cats and dogs out of our pound in Clovs before they gas them. Yes, they still gas the animals. So I have many many animals. This next week, I am taking a bunch of the pound animals as well as base animals to a Colorado Humane Shelter. I am trying to see if there is anyone else out there who wouldn't mind transporting animals from Clovis, NM to Rosswell, NM or Albuquerque, NM as well as just getting to know other tansporters in other areas in case a need arises or a friend or acquaintance needs some help. I meet a police officer this past week that may need some our our Clovis, NM dogs. I hope this answers the questions. If I am going someplace, I will gladly take some animals along. I would post this in the railroad section when I do this. However, I can't always commit to taking animals everywhere due to my husband getting upset if I am always on the read. I hope this answers your question and I meet your requirements. Do you know where a list of people are on the catster railroad? It never hurts to know where people are located.

Vicky
[notify]