GO!

4 Cats Orphaned By Death Of Human Daddy

This is a special place for Catsters to help Catsters arrange for community transport of rescues or cats being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furrever homes!

Icebox- (Rainbow- Bridge)

Principles ...- Values ...- Common Sense

Purred: Sun Jan 14, '07 10:15am PST 
I received this in my human email addy this morning. The daddy of these four oldster cats was shot and killed and are in need of transport.

If anyone can help these lost orphaned cats, please make the contacts in the message below.

Message as follows:

"Please help rescuer Kyle of Omaha transport 4 cats from southern California to her rescue in http://www.merlinsrefuge.com/ in Omaha NE. Her cousin was these cats' guardian but someone shot and killed him in his apartment this past week.
Liz in WA

---------- Forwarded message ----------

1. CAN ANYONE HELP CARE FOR THESE 4 SENIOR CATS WHILE TRANSPORT IS ARRANGED?

2. CAN ANYONE HELP WITH TRANSPORT?

Contact
Kyle Frye
Merlin's Refuge
402 - 895 - 6605
kylefrye@aol.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 08:24:32 -0500 (EST)

Subject: HELP

My cousin was shot and killed in his apartment in Hawthorne CA a couple days ago.

While unorthadox in his methods for making people treat animals with respect (he once spent time in jail for beating up a man he saw kick a cat), he truly cared for animals.

He left behind 4 cats. My organization would take these cats but the distance makes it almost impossible.

The cats are all 15 yrs old. To place them in a carrier and put them on a plane might kill them.

I am looking for a transport in the area to get them back here to Omaha. I just found out last night that they have to be out of his apt by Sunday

I promised my aunt that I would do whatever I could to help his cats as, like me, he loved them like they were his children, and I think he would rest more easily if he knew his babies were being cared for by someone who felt the same way.

If you have any contacts in or around Hawthorn CA or if you are traveliing that direction in the next few days we could really use some help with this one.

Please forward on to anyone you know that might be able to help.

Thank you for any and all help you can give.

My contact info follows:

Kyle Frye
Merlin's Refuge

402 895-6605

OR

kylefrye@aol.com

--
Liz in WA

http://www.climatecrisis.net
[notify]

♥- Callie- ♥

Survivor

Purred: Sun Jan 14, '07 11:04am PST 
They need to get out of the apartment TODAY! We have to work fast!
[notify]

♥- Callie- ♥

Survivor

Purred: Sun Jan 14, '07 3:20pm PST 
I emailed the cousin of the murdered man about the cats. From his response, it looks like there were originally 5 cats. The cats no longer need transport ... what is needed is to find a home(s) to take 2 of the cats locally (Southern California.)

His response:
Thanks for your offer to help out. I think I sent the original message on Wednesday. That did not give us much time to work magic but fortunately we found a rescue group in CA that is taking care of them right now. They had to be out of my cousins apartment by today, which would have been almost impossible for me to accomplish alone. My aunt has taken one cat, the max she can have in her govt assisted apartment. A friend of hers has taken a second one so we are down to two. The one that ran away has never come back, as I suspected would be the case. He was scared by the sound of the gun and has always been an indoor kitty. He only had a few teeth and ate a special diet so I'm sure mousing isn't in his skill set.

At any rate, the CA group said they will give the cats a month or so to recover as they are both traumatized, both by the sound of the gun and the fact that Terry is not there for them anymore. They will try to adopte them out and if they don't have any luck ( the volunteer I spoke with said they didn't have much luck adopting out older cats) the womans husband is a truck driver and he will bring them to us.

I am hoping th cats come around quickly and get new homes there as I still don't think transporting them all the way back here is the best thing for them, but if its all we have, it will have to do.

I will keep your email if thats okay for future updates and should something fall through.

And then my response:
Oh, yes, please do update me. So originally there were 5 cats? I'm so glad that the 4 cats are safe! And right now you're looking for a home for 2 cats, then? I hope the 5th cat can be found! Maybe fliers could be posted? Humane traps set in the area?

I, too, believe that the cats should find homes here. I had left a message for the lady I know, Linda, but she hasn't returned my call yet. Maybe she can help to place them. Any information you can give me about the cats would be helpful, so I can pass that information on and post it on Catster.

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your cousin. I hope that your family finds justice soon.
[notify]

Icebox- (Rainbow- Bridge)

Principles ...- Values ...- Common Sense

Purred: Sun Jan 14, '07 4:50pm PST 
Thanks Callie. I just got the email myself. This is good news.

I will send a reply back to Liz and let her know.

Edited by author Sun Jan 14, '07 4:57pm PST

[notify]