GO!

NY to Florida

This is a special place for Catsters to help Catsters arrange for community transport of rescues or cats being re-homed. Even though we love our community, please remember this is the Internet. Be sure not to post personal information publicly or share it prematurely; always use your best judgment when working with people unknown to you. Thanks for helping our furry friends get to their furrever homes!

Mr.- Bigglesworth- (Mr. B)

Prince Charming

Purred: Thu Dec 28, '06 11:50am PST 
Hi guys! I was thinking of taking my sister's cat (she already has 1 and a big dog and 2 boys) back home with me (to Florida). I tried making a reservation for her on the plane, but there are complications and I can't take her (long story). I would really like to find a way to get her to Florida, but I can't drive all the way down here, at least not until the summer. Does anyone know of any other way? Does the ASPCA have anykind of pet transport? My other sister said she'd be willing to drive her back to S.Carolina with her, but I'm afraid if she does that, she'll end up keeping the cat herself and her home is not the best place for this cat either (she has 2 cats & a dog and 2 teenaged girls).
Hopefully someone will have some advice smile
thanks,
Mr. B's mom
[notify]

Ele' - Elphaba- Harriott

Pink, please

Purred: Thu Dec 28, '06 11:55am PST 
Mr. Bigglesworth, where in NY and where in FL? I think in some of the other Railroad threads, there are mentioned some pet transport services, but if you can share some add'l info, you may even be able to set up a rideshare through Catster members.
[notify]

Beatrice- (Miss You!- '94-'12)

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Thu Jan 4, '07 1:14am PST 
How is it going, Mr. B? I wish we could help, but we're too far west!

Emma

Adopt an adult- cat!

Purred: Thu Jan 4, '07 7:01am PST 
If your sister is willing to take her to South Carolina, maybe you could arrange transport between South Carolina and Florida. If you do that, your sister in South Carolina won't be able to keep her! I am not in the area, but I bet you can find a few people willing to assist with transport through South Carolina and Georgia.
[notify]

Morris

Purred: Sun Jan 7, '07 2:38pm PST 
I`m in central florida, where dose this cat need to go?
[notify]