GO!

Am I over worrying and being irrational??

This forum is dedicated to places that people and cats can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your cat, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Catster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Catster.

Ebony

Ebby

Purred: Wed Apr 29, '15 12:15am PST 
Hey! My husband and I are very possibly going to move sometime between now and July (we're moving from our 1 bedroom apartment to a 3 bedroom house) and we may not be able to move into our house until July, it just depends.My in laws have a 3 level house. My father in law isn't really a cat person and I'm worried that our cats will be an issue for him and they won't play nice with the small dog. I'm kinda freaking out. Am I making any sense??
[notify]

Sterling

Go Gently Into- the Night

Purred: Thu Apr 30, '15 6:53pm PST 
Your in-laws' house is 3 level? Could you possibly keep your cats on one level? What type of little dog do your in-laws own? How old is the dog? Your cats are young so they should be able to handle changes.

Edited by author Thu Apr 30, '15 6:55pm PST

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Fri May 1, '15 8:08am PST 
If you're going to be living with your in-laws, your FIL will obviously have to learn to be tolerant of your kitties. As far as the dog goes, cats and dogs can actually get along pretty well, especially if the dog is well trained. You'll need to introduce them slowly and give the dog a chance to lean who the new bosses are (the cats).

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Edited by author Fri May 1, '15 8:11am PST

Ivory

Ivy

Purred: Wed May 6, '15 11:10pm PST 
Well to some extent that is actually a relief to know that they will probably get along. The dog is about 4 years old and she's been well trained by my husband and my in-laws. My husband is the original "owner". His parents have been taking care of her since we moved into our apartment.

Reimi (the dog) is an emperal shih tzu and she's a small dog. I'm not as worried about her, its how our cats will react to everyone and everything. You know, I guess that as long as they feel safe and secure, they probably will adjust good. It helps to have other fellow pet lovers input and advice and wisdom on this. It really helps put some of my worries at ease. So thank you guys!!!

Edited by author Fri May 8, '15 12:42am PST

[notify]

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Mon Jun 8, '15 12:12pm PST 
Hey Ivory and Ebony! wave

Did you move yet? How is it going? Let us know! hug

Edited by author Mon Jun 8, '15 12:12pm PST

Ebony

Ebby

Purred: Wed Dec 23, '15 10:26am PST 
Hey everyone! I'm really sorry for not responding sooner- I've been really busy and I actually forgot about this post! confused

But the transition/move into our new house went great! My girls love the house and they are ALWAYS running through the house, making it sound like a herd of cattle haha laugh out loud. But they are doing awesome with everything. I was worrying way too much. I don't think Ebony and Ivory will be BFF'S with Reimi (the dog) but they do tolerate her. Whenever she comes to our house, the cats will be in our bedroom and she will find them and they will usually ignore her haha. But other times they do sniff each other and right before we moved, I had Ebony on the bed with me and Reimi jumped on the bed and they actually took a nap together.

So I did worry for nothing. smile Things are going great! My girls are in good health, they have plenty of room to run around in and they are happy.
[notify]

♥Sam

Purred: Wed Jan 20, '16 12:26am PST 
Awesome
[notify]