GO!

Staying With A Friend

This forum is dedicated to places that people and cats can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your cat, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Catster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Catster.

Isla

Purred: Tue Mar 25, '14 8:56am PST 
Hello, all.

This summer, I will be making a cross country trip to visit my family, but I can't bring Isla with me. It will be fairly short, no longer than a week. I am thinking about leaving her with a friend of mine who is very excited to take care of her. I trust this friend implicitly, and know that she'll take care of Isla as well as I do and keep her on the schedule that we've established. Isla staying at home isn't an option as I live rather far out of town and expecting someone to come twice a day is asking a lot. Having only a nodding acquaintance with the neighbors, I'm not okay with asking them to take care of her.

My question is, what do I need to do for Isla to help her? She's a rather clingy kitty (She whines when she can't see me in another room and gets excited when I reappear.) and I don't want to make it harder than need be. Any suggestions? I plan on bring her litter box and toys, as well as her blanket and some tshirts I've slept in so she'll have my smell. We're also planning some play dates so she'll get to know my friend at her home, and become familiar with the apartment.

Thanks!
[notify]