GO!

Travelling to and from beach house?

This forum is dedicated to places that people and cats can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your cat, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Catster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Catster.

Xerxes

Mama's Boy 100%

Purred: Mon Apr 13, '09 2:00pm PST 
My parents are in the process of buying a house by the beach, about 2 hours away. Our family will be able to use said house for 2 weeks out of every month during the year. This is exciting to me, however I am wondering how much stress this would cause for Xerxes. I do not want to have a house sitter for when we go to the beach, I'd love for that to be his 2nd home too. Will he adjust alright? Is travelling back and forth going to stress him out too much?confused
[notify]

Luke

The Silly Guy

Purred: Mon Apr 13, '09 4:04pm PST 
Hi Xerxes,
We think it depends upon your purrsonality. Do you travel okay in a car? Me and my brother, Tully, are very bonded to our Mommy and we don't like to be left alone. We travel pretty well in our carrier and we would prefer to be with our Mom than left alone. Mommy's previous cat, Carlos, hated the cat carrier and howled like crazy whenever he was in the car. Although he missed Mom and Dad when they would go on vacations, he didn't seem to mind being left alone for a few days with the petsitter stopping in once or twice a day.

If you travel okay in a car and really prefer being with your humans than being left alone, we think the beach house could be loads of fun - good luck! wink Purrs, Luke
[notify]

Xerxes

Mama's Boy 100%

Purred: Mon Apr 13, '09 4:48pm PST 
Thanks! Yes I do very well riding in the car, and absolutely hate not being with my humans. I think it will be an adventure to say the least!
[notify]