GO!

going to a wedding out of town

This forum is dedicated to places that people and cats can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your cat, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Catster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Catster.

Gary

On a never- ending catfood- quest

Purred: Sun Oct 12, '08 5:49am PST 
Mommy's human brofur is getting married next week. He lives about 5 hours away. Because hotels are sooooooo expensive Mommy and Daddy are going to go up and back all in one day -- it will be about 18 hours all told.

Us big kids will be fine, just leave out plenty of food and watersmile But, what to do about tour new little sister? The vet says to give her kitten milk every few hours. She can't go 18 hours w/o her milk. Mommy thinks its really imposing on someone to ask a friend or neigbor to come over SEVERAL times that day to feed the baby.

The wedding is at a park outside, and Mommy thinks they should just bring the baby, put a catbox in the back of the car, and she has a kitty storller that zipps up tight they can use at the actual wedding (this is a very informal event, her bro-fur is wearing jeans).

But, Daddy is afraid to have the baby that far away from home. He thinks he should probably just stay home with her. But, our human Grammy would be fur-ious if Daddy missed a family wedding to stay home wiff a kitten

Any other ideas of what we can do wiff dis baby while Mommy and Daddy are away for da day?
thinking
[notify]

Charmaine- Neville

Hey Dawlin!!!!

Purred: Sun Oct 12, '08 6:02am PST 
If you don't want to ask a friend or neighbor, what your vet? Do they have boarding facilities, or might you just be able to leave the kitten for that time so she could be fed regularly

Good luck, and have a good time a the wedding.

Purrs,
Charmaine Neville, Emma Barrett, Louis Armstrong, Benny Grunch and Pete Fountain

P.S. Meowmy said if we didn't live so far away (outside of New Orleans)....SHE would come and take care of the kitten....she LOVES little babies......MOL...MOL....

Edited by author Sun Oct 12, '08 6:06am PST

[notify]

Beatrice- (Miss You!- '94-'12)

The very Beast- of all

Purred: Sun Oct 12, '08 12:41pm PST 
I agree with Charmaine...any cat with special needs like that is probably best boarded at the vet.

Guido the- Italian- Kitty db 115

Life is- CATZOWEY!

Purred: Sun Oct 12, '08 5:48pm PST 
Purrportedly, a kitten shouldn't be left in the paws of an amateur so I vote with the others - to the vet little sis goes and then there is no worry. I just flew on my first airplane trip in August - now that was catzowey experience! If ya ever wanna know how to fly the meowster, ask me.

http://www.starpet2008.com/videos_western.php?page=2"
Here's a link that will get me traveling to NYC maybe. Please vote - I'd purr if you do, and maybe we can all have double cream catpuccianos if I win! But I need your vote.

Safe travels and have a fantasticat evening!
[notify]