GO!

When you return to the States, make sure to check the other country's export regs!

This forum is dedicated to places that people and cats can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your cat, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Catster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Catster.

Houdini

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '08 2:04pm PST 
We just returned to the states from a year-and-a-half in Brazil. Importing pets to the U.S. is easy--the airline requirements are more stringent than U.S. customs.

BUT. Make sure you check and see if the other country requires you to have certain documents in order to LEAVE the country! The U.S. allows you to leave with your pet without any documentation, but Brazil required that I have a new health certificate and vaccinations certified by the Brazilian customs official at the airport before I could leave Brazil with Houdini.

Everything went well, but I didn't know about this until a few weeks before departing Brazil, and I was pretty surprised.
[notify]

♥Mor- gan The- PirateGato

You Gotta Love- Me, I'm a Pirate

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '08 3:02pm PST 
Puerto Rico to the US is the same - even though it is part of the USA. Depending on the country the US will also require Quaranteens. Always good to check way in advance.
[notify]